Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

about real cards

when the real cards come out where will i be able to buy them (walmart, local card shops, or only online?) and when they come out will that be the death of the virtual game, meaning will the virtual game continue to be updated at the same pace as the real card game. and since real cards will be able to be traded will that open up trading in the virtual game, and lastly will the real game alter the value of the virtual cards bought from merchant as people find better or less use from them

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    also, in the past when a card has been deemed to overpowered they could easily hotfix the card by altering the text, how do you plan on dealing with this with physical cards?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These are good questions, let me try to answer them quickly.

1. Real cards will be available at many local game shops worldwide and also online. Be sure to ask your local card shop if they will be selling Shadow Era cards! It's extremely difficult to get large retail chains like walmart to carry your product, but of course we'll try.
    2. Of course the online game will still be developed, with 2 million players that is our main source of income. The content updates should be coming a lot quicker now, with cards released as whole sets. The physical version will lag behind the digital game by at least a few months.
    3. Trading in the digital game is more of an issue because we give so much away for free to new players, you can level up fast with new accounts, and some people will try to cheat/hack on other accounts to transfer to their main account. But a player auction system is coming soon, the programming for that is mostly complete already.
    4. The new Design Team and Players Focus Group are hard at work making sure the first set is complete, balanced, and finalized. Once we move on to do the expansion, we won't be changing the old cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thank you for the quick response, i know I'm gonna to buy the $300 set when i get enough money, i don't wanna miss out on this and 10 years down the road there's some "black lotus" card floating around that i could have had but i didn't take the chance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For now, and possibly for the indefinite future, I will regard the physical cards as a neat addition to the main digital game. It will be nice to have the physical cards, so that I can have the occasional game with friends as a social thing, but the digital version will remain the "real thing" to me.