Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagu View Post
    Hi,

I'm playing a variation of the deck presented by kadun and would appreciate to have some opinions on it.

1x Boris Skullcrusher

4x Blake Windrunner (low cost, high damage)
    4x Jasmine Rosecult (damage, 4hp, distract --> defense)
    3x Raven Wildheart (hp, skill)
    3x Aldon the Brave (cause he's brave )

4x Crippling Blow (best counter against enemy allies for warrior)
    4x Blood Frenzy (obvious)
    3x Valiant Defender (obvious)
    3x War Banner (obvious)

2x Retreat (buys you time or counter mindcontrol/you are mine)
    2x Reinforce Armor (can make the difference against Eladwen as it keeps Aldon or Jasmine in play)
    1x Enrage (Just some hp in mid/late)

34 cards

Idea:
    Allies are not easy to kill.
    Damage comes through banners and Aldon.
    Jasmin and Raven give me couple of options against allies/Darkclaw.
    Retreat and Reinforce as counters, draw resources, buy some extra time.

Thx for your opinions.

@Concerning games against Eladwen:

As I played a couple of games against Eladwen Players in the 300 region this deck works better than all I played before. Could also manage to win some games when the draw is nice.
    Anyway if portal is out early and Eladwen Player focuses on my hero, enemy allies and fireballs rip me in pieces while Eladwen herself keeps my allies count down. Enrage may give you 1.5 rounds maybe. Even after getting rid of 2 Aeons and establishing board control in late game a single nova just blew everything again.
    Anyone got some ideas how to handle portal as warrior? Valiant works for your allis but how to protect the hero?
    I think your deck is fine, but I would miss having Aldon the Brave. With 4 copies of Aldon and Warbanner, you have eight cards that turn Jasmines and Blakes into Fireballs. I've found that I almost always get to cast Aldon/Warbanner after casting Blake/Jasmine on the previous turn.

I also like Raven's ability, but not her resource cost. My deck can operate pretty well at 3 resources, which is key when going second against Human decks packing Sandra. Only 4 cards in the entire deck cost more than 3 resources to cast.

Also, not sure if there is a bug with Mind Control and Retreat. It might put the ally back in your opponent's hand. I tend to quit right away against Elemental players, however, because of all the bugs with Eternal Renewal and Mind Control. The game just gets out of sync and you wind up with random losses.

The key to defeat Portal is Valiant Defender and Aeon. Those two cards out at the same time mean you're invincible to attacks by enemy allies. Valiant Defender by itself is also good as it keeps your allies (who should have at least a 4 attack value) alive to control the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think your deck is fine, but I would miss having Aldon the Brave. With 4 copies of Aldon and Warbanner, you have eight cards that turn Jasmines and Blakes into Fireballs. I've found that I almost always get to cast Aldon/Warbanner after casting Blake/Jasmine on the previous turn.
    I guess that works nice. To be honest I only have one Aeon so far. Don't want to spent to much money on the game before they have talen care of some of the bugs and made all heros playable(e.g. Bows for hunters). I guess that as soon as I have a second Aeon they wil somehow get into my deck.
    Because I don't have Aeon in I take Raven instead. I am thinking about Raven in combination with warrior training. Anyway that makes it 7 resource compared to Aeons 6 and less damage. 9 to 8 if you take Valiant defender into the count. Looks like lategame option only. Btw, when is your first Aeon out in general?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess that works nice. To be honest I only have one Aeon so far. Don't want to spent to much money on the game before they have talen care of some of the bugs and made all heros playable(e.g. Bows for hunters). I guess that as soon as I have a second Aeon they wil somehow get into my deck.
    Because I don't have Aeon in I take Raven instead. I am thinking about Raven in combination with warrior training. Anyway that makes it 7 resource compared to Aeons 6 and less damage. 9 to 8 if you take Valiant defender into the count. Looks like lategame option only. Btw, when is your first Aeon out in general?
    I like to get Aeon out as soon as possible.
    If I go first, an ideal start would be something like:
    T2: Blake
    T3: Jasmine
    T4: Aldon or Warbanner
    T5: Jasmine + Valiant Defender
    T6: Aeon
    And hopefully I'm holding a Blood Frenzy to refill my hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,

I'm playing a variation of the deck presented by kadun and would appreciate to have some opinions on it.

1x Boris Skullcrusher

4x Blake Windrunner (low cost, high damage)
    4x Jasmine Rosecult (damage, 4hp, distract --> defense)
    3x Raven Wildheart (hp, skill)
    3x Aldon the Brave (cause he's brave )

4x Crippling Blow (best counter against enemy allies for warrior)
    4x Blood Frenzy (obvious)
    3x Valiant Defender (obvious)
    3x War Banner (obvious)

2x Retreat (buys you time or counter mindcontrol/you are mine)
    2x Reinforce Armor (can make the difference against Eladwen as it keeps Aldon or Jasmine in play)
    1x Enrage (Just some hp in mid/late)

34 cards

Idea:
    Allies are not easy to kill.
    Damage comes through banners and Aldon.
    Jasmin and Raven give me couple of options against allies/Darkclaw.
    Retreat and Reinforce as counters, draw resources, buy some extra time.

Thx for your opinions.

@Concerning games against Eladwen:

As I played a couple of games against Eladwen Players in the 300 region this deck works better than all I played before. Could also manage to win some games when the draw is nice.
    Anyway if portal is out early and Eladwen Player focuses on my hero, enemy allies and fireballs rip me in pieces while Eladwen herself keeps my allies count down. Enrage may give you 1.5 rounds maybe. Even after getting rid of 2 Aeons and establishing board control in late game a single nova just blew everything again.
    Anyone got some ideas how to handle portal as warrior? Valiant works for your allis but how to protect the hero?
    @ Yagu: I have been playing an almost identical deck with slight variations in the number of identical cards. I am happy to say that so far I have been quite successful with this deck...One difference though, is that I use "Warrior Training" to compliment "Erika Shadowhunter," which gives the same result as Aeon and Defender except for one less cost and the ability is only afforded to Erika(I play 2 x Erika with a Warrior Training for each). Yeah, it may only give you one less round to get the one sided rain delay out, but sometimes one round can make the difference...also there is more opportunity to get the lock on the other guy's allies as well as getting extra resources without over diluting the deck.

Happy Hunting!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would argue to play one rampage also: after you get yourself back up, it allows you to balance out the life loss from drawing by killing creatures. Also, does anyone else think that Boris's ability should be 4: Destroy an ally? I mean, he crushes skulls, and yet he isn't nearly as good killing-wise as Eldawen, who can easily kill 5-drops in the drop of a hat...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated the deck I'm currently using in the first post. Biggest change was the removal of the Warbanners for Sandra Trueblade. I feel so dirty now. I also slimmed the deck down to 30.

Currently considering replacing Jasmine for Puwen just so I can ensure having a turn 2 drop if either I go first, or my opponent doesn't lay a turn 2 ally. Idea being to get board control early if they give it to you and save the Valiant Defenders for the end game lock.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kadun,

Isnt War Banner one of the best cards in a Warrior deck? its cheap and when combining with Aldon you get +2 damage?

Either way the deck will really start to shine with the new patch with Portal nerf and the ability to equip the Kings Pride (Effect: Ongoing: Your allies gain +2 attack and +1 health.)

If you kept War Banner that would be a potential +4 damage including Aldon.. just a thought.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
    Kadun,

Isnt War Banner one of the best cards in a Warrior deck? its cheap and when combining with Aldon you get +2 damage?

Either way the deck will really start to shine with the new patch with Portal nerf and the ability to equip the Kings Pride (Effect: Ongoing: Your allies gain +2 attack and +1 health.)

If you kept War Banner that would be a potential +4 damage including Aldon.. just a thought.
    Believe me it was not an easy decision removing Warbanner. I took some advice from Calmdown's Priest Mill deck where he wasn't using the great Priest only, Destroy Arms. I agreed with his reasoning for it and it made me re-examine this deck. Sure Warbanner is good, but is it as good as a 2 damage beatstick that not only gives your opponent another target, but also stunts their resource development. I've been tracking closely the damage being done by Sandra vs the damage that Warbanner would be adding to the attacks of other allies and I've found Sandra doing more. You need to have three allies out and swinging to make Warbanner more effective. I've found this is rarely the case vs a good opponent/deck.

What's more, I never really appreciated that fact that she is another chump on the board swinging for damage and controlling Blakes, Fire Snakes, and Sparks. Add other Sandras and Puwens to the list if you get Aldon out.

As far as King's Pride goes, I've said it before but I'm skeptical of it's use. The fact that it costs 7 resources makes it an end game play. To take advantage of it you would need multiple allies out. In the late game, if you have multiple allies out with this deck, odds are you're already on your way to a win. I called it a "win more" card. Of course I'll give it a go when it comes out. But these are my initial thoughts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I didnt see the 7 resource cost. At that point you probably wont even notice the difference.

I think I will be using a similar deck to yours but use Amber Rain and as its only 30 cards it has room to add in a Weapon and Dual Wield.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm also not saying that King's Pride won't be good in a Warrior deck. Just not one in the play style that this one is in. It could work in an ally horde type deck to give it that late game finish. It's just I find most of my games finishing with the Aeon + Valiant Defender combo with little need for the "push" King's Pride would give.