Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    I could make some broken 15 or 20 card decks.
    Care to list a broken 15 card deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    alright, either way here if I say no, you can say "oh you won't list one, so blah blah blah" .. if i say yes, you can argue it's not broken.

off the top of my head, something simple like:

elamentalis
    4x fire snake
    4x spark
    4x shard
    4x bad santa
    2x eternal renewal

resource the extra shards and a guy or two, swarm the rest over and over, looping them with eternal renewal, then redrawing your hand with bad santa every turn and replaying them. might need an energy discharge to clear off their guys. 1x discharge = clear all their guys, then have your hero eat one of yours to renew the health. then redraw it back to hand. and 1x of a random card is good too when you draw your whole deck every turn or every other turn (such as 1x bloodlust).

hard to make this work with 30 cards, cause your deck isn't thin enough. but with 15-20, it's a lot closer to being broken.

and maybe it's not perfectly broken so you can argue semantics, but that's close and off the top of my head in two minutes and can be tweaked/refined to be better if you want. i'm trusting your actually asking for a list was a genuine "is there a list close to broken with 15-20 cards" question rater than a "let's make him post a list to tear it down"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    and not to mention, in a small looping deck (renewal + bad santas) 1x of a card is huge.

like 1-2 mind control... that you play EVERY TURN to take all their allies.

there's a ton of possibilities. like I said, I could make some broken 15 or 20 card decks. and most (but not all) would revolve around renewal and bad santa as the engine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha wow, how do I respond to a such a defensive post? I'll simply say, "good deck" and leave you at that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    lol. alright then.

most challenges like that are pretty naturally aggressive, so a response would tend to be defensive. my apologies if i was too defensive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love my Boris deck and it does well against and can beat Eladwen and Darkclaw decks although of course it isn't a guarantee.

I also decided to drop Sandra since she cost too much.

For me, I either have very weak allies (8x 2 casting cost) or strong ones (4x Aeon) with a couple Aldons in there. The other different thing I do from you is put a couple Rampages in there. With a deck about board control and killing allies, how could you not want +2 health per enemy ally killed? It has saved me many times.

I've cut down to 2 Valiant Defenders and 3 Blood Frenzies to try to optimize the deck but I don't find Defender as useful as you describe it. I thought with an Aeon out and a Defender played they can still attack Aeon, so it seems a bit useless? Usually I use mine just to suck up Eladwen's power.

I find I need all the Aeons I can get because usually the first is thrown to the wolves and killed in one turn - an Eladwen ability and a fireball easily take care of that, other times it is a Portal + enemy Aeon that finishes him off.

Anyway, it's a cool deck if you get a good first hand but I still think Portal is overpowered.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rampage is good but I prefer Enrage for the same cost, instant plus 10 life to Boris where as plus 2 per kill is less likely to save you from fireballs etc

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Your opinion plz

Hi,

I'm playing a variation of the deck presented by kadun and would appreciate to have some opinions on it.

1x Boris Skullcrusher

4x Blake Windrunner (low cost, high damage)
    4x Jasmine Rosecult (damage, 4hp, distract --> defense)
    3x Raven Wildheart (hp, skill)
    3x Aldon the Brave (cause he's brave )

4x Crippling Blow (best counter against enemy allies for warrior)
    4x Blood Frenzy (obvious)
    3x Valiant Defender (obvious)
    3x War Banner (obvious)

2x Retreat (buys you time or counter mindcontrol/you are mine)
    2x Reinforce Armor (can make the difference against Eladwen as it keeps Aldon or Jasmine in play)
    1x Enrage (Just some hp in mid/late)

34 cards

Idea:
    Allies are not easy to kill.
    Damage comes through banners and Aldon.
    Jasmin and Raven give me couple of options against allies/Darkclaw.
    Retreat and Reinforce as counters, draw resources, buy some extra time.

Thx for your opinions.

@Concerning games against Eladwen:

As I played a couple of games against Eladwen Players in the 300 region this deck works better than all I played before. Could also manage to win some games when the draw is nice.
    Anyway if portal is out early and Eladwen Player focuses on my hero, enemy allies and fireballs rip me in pieces while Eladwen herself keeps my allies count down. Enrage may give you 1.5 rounds maybe. Even after getting rid of 2 Aeons and establishing board control in late game a single nova just blew everything again.
    Anyone got some ideas how to handle portal as warrior? Valiant works for your allis but how to protect the hero?
    Last edited by Yagu; 03-13-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kadun, i don think ur deck can beat darkclaw deck...(im at rating 330+)
    The reason is the card "captured prey", can just disable ur aeon easily.......

I tried a few combination b4, even tried 4 destroy weapons card....but at the end i still can't beat the combination of rabid bite n captured prey
    Also, if i had js an aeon on board, i cant hurt him coz he will +2 in nxt turn

Anybody has a solution to that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ichibang View Post
    Kadun, i don think ur deck can beat darkclaw deck...(im at rating 330+)
    The reason is the card "captured prey", can just disable ur aeon easily.......

I tried a few combination b4, even tried 4 destroy weapons card....but at the end i still can't beat the combination of rabid bite n captured prey
    Also, if i had js an aeon on board, i cant hurt him coz he will +2 in nxt turn

Anybody has a solution to that?
    I'm currently 435 with the deck listed in the original post, Darkclaw is a very tough matchup to win, but, you should NEVER lose. The trick is getting Aeon out by himself with no other Allies and Reinforced Armor. Most Darkclaw players won't be able to kill him. You can't, however, kill the Darkclaw player either though. You're essentially playing for a draw.

But I've also won my fair share of games against Darkclaw. The key is to NOT cast Blood Frenzy and to get out both Warbanner and Aldon the Brave. This way each of your allies is at least doing 2 damage.