Close

Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Since the proposed Serena can only steal a card from hand once per 4 turns IFF she has a weapon and IFF hero does not have strong armor, then I don't think it's as devastating as some claim.

We would have to try it out and see though. Essentially, the stealing is a merge of the discard from opp's hand ability and draw ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Since the proposed Serena can only steal a card from hand once per 4 turns IFF she has a weapon and IFF hero does not have strong armor, then I don't think it's as devastating as some claim.

We would have to try it out and see though. Essentially, the stealing is a merge of the discard from opp's hand ability and draw ability.
    Oh, I agree on that!
    I just remember Calmdown saying that making it steal would have been disrtupting, and since I think he knows more about CCG than me I was cautious on that. :P
    But again, you have time and the possibility to test it, I'm sure you'll find something that works good!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GDC, stealing is a powerful tool and would need to be tested thoroughly. I'm just saying.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    GDC, stealing is a powerful tool and would need to be tested thoroughly. I'm just saying.
    I hear ya. We've grown the PFG very large now to get more testing in, so we should be ok. If it's too strong, then we can abort before it's too late.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Oh joy.

Serena with night prowler AND steal ability.

/drool

On a serious note.. yeah. You guys won't revert transference back to old transf because you felt it was too gamebreaking, yet give serena this ability when she already has NP?

I iz confuzzled.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My first impression is that amber is now alone in top tier with Logan moving to 1.5. Amber is a beast as it is, and the addition by subtraction of heroes around her makes her the top.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, we are going to get a stack of cards along with the update, so let us hope that we will see more variation at the top after it.
    Supports the guild Enlisted to Endure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Oh joy.

/drool

On a serious note.. yeah. You guys won't revert transference back to old transf because you felt it was too gamebreaking, yet give serena this ability when she already has NP?

I iz confuzzled.
    She would only do it every 4 turns. There is no SE acceleration for Humans. If she gets NP out as well, then she can take two, but you always draw a card on your turn and get to use it before it is stolen, so she may sometimes have nothing to take.

This is all conjecture though. That's why we have a PFG and design server. So we can attempt to see what would have happened if it went live. The DC problem was found very quickly with 1.28 when it went live, and it could have been found with what we have set up now quite easily. Have some faith in the new process and don't panic over our experiments.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Oh joy.

/drool

I iz confuzzled.
    Careful GS, you may get the thread locked. Send a deck list to someone on the PFG, they will get back to you with the validity of your opinion.

/IBTL
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @Hatts: Just... lol.

Some good changes. I can't wait to not play this version either. One day I swear I'll start playing again. Maybe in 16 years when the baby has grown up and left home.