Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sort of new player looking for advice

Here is what I have:
    Started with Boris Skullcrusher deck. Then got Shadow Elemental Deck, and after returning to find free crystals I bought the Shadow Mage deck. I am currently using Majiya, but I do play Zaladar as well. I am fighting through computer duels to earn gold for buying new cards and wanted a little direction.

30 cards
    Majiya
    2 - Keldor
    4 - Infernal Gargoyle
    3 - Plasma Behemoth
    3 - Fire Snake
    2 - Death Mage Thaddeus
    2 - Carniboar
    4 - Fireball
    2 - Research
    3 - Shriek of Vengeance
    4 - Extra Sharp

Questions:
    Should I work the deck up to 40 cards?
    I like the Carniboar and plan to add more when I get enough coins. Against AI, this deck lives on Keldor and the Plasma Behemoth.
    Anything stand out as a "What are you thinking"?

Thanks in advance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Take a look at GondorianDotCom's beginner guide articles. Also, search these forums for AI grinding decks, lots of advice to be found.

From a deck-building point of view: this is good enough to win vs AI. And if you win, there is no need to really change it since the AI skill won't go up...
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sorry I didn't clarify my questions. It is possible I wasn't sure what I really wanted to ask as well.

Either way, I am curious what I would need to do to make this deck competitive in PvP. Do I need more/less or better allies? More use of combos? General focus?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndShadow View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't clarify my questions. It is possible I wasn't sure what I really wanted to ask as well.

Either way, I am curious what I would need to do to make this deck competitive in PvP. Do I need more/less or better allies? More use of combos? General focus?
    When you find a hero or class that you like or just want to see more of, look at sample decks in this forum and use those general ideas for your own. But the first thing to do is make sure the deck is 40 cards. That's the minimum for pvp play so right at 40 is ideal.

To answer another q u had, extra sharp is the only card in that list that should for sure be taken out. The others are fine, snake is questionable but their not totally unused it's not that bad.
    Last edited by Montanx; 01-04-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndShadow View Post

Not to troll you or anything, but majiya is not a "competitive" deck. Her SE skill is borderline useless after she was nerfed... Also, you have to many allies, not enough utility and abilities... extra sharp is just a bad card in most decks...

Oh and you only have 30 cards... you need 40 for pvp, its not optional.

I suggest you look at other players decks on this forum for some guidance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the help. That is what I was looking to hear.

I know there are threads of people sharing their deck ideas. I guess I am trying to challenge myself to figure out the combos and good pairings on my own. This is why I was just wondering if my deck needed to be more diverse or had any terrible cards instead of asking for the actual replacement cards. I want to create my own concept, but lack experience in this game to know if a card is a waste when playing PvP. I know what I have now is a good grinder vs. AI, but I also will need to make adjustments as I obtain the cards to make it competitive.

40 cards. Get rid of Extra Sharp. Diversify. Got it. I'll get back with version 2 later.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want to be competitive, definitely have 4 research. supernova is also a must-have for mage decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    Not to troll you or anything, but majiya is not a "competitive" deck. Her SE skill is borderline useless after she was nerfed...
    Although I initially thought so, I think she can definitely be competitive given the right deck build and player. Case in point, Yarikasakin won the Crown 8 Tournament using Majiya beating a 283 rated Logan, a 342 rated Amber, a 303 rated Eladwen and two Moonstalkers rated at 283 and 295.