Close

View Poll Results: Is this werewolf idea valuable?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overpowered

6 60.00%
  • Well balanced

2 20.00%
  • Underpowered

0 0%
  • No need for this ability

2 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Because it make sense that a "Tainted Oracle" or an "Armored Sandworm" would be on the human side?

Not everything has to make sense. He's not saying the ally would be able to go into shadow decks. Just Wulven. Think of it like this.

In human form he fits into the human faction.

While transformed He's in the Wulven deck.

Makes sense to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    There currently is no race aspect for cards. Shadow and Human are factions. Humans contain humans as well as elemental monsters. Shadow contains a different species of elemental, undead, werewolves, monsters, and possibly humans too (thaddeus, majiya).
    You could have a werewolf go on one side or the other, though they would make more sense as a shadow/wulven ally imo.
    Wow! Thank you for the detailed plotline! I had no idea about the storyline behind the Shadow Era universe.

I said "race" out of ignorance. Are the factions explained in the FAQ?

As far as him working between mortal enemies, every war has famous and infamous traitors and double-agents. Who in Shadow Era fills the role of Benedict Arnold, Mata Hari, Tokyo Rose, or Marcus Brutus? How much more interesting did the Hatfield-McCoy family feud get when Johnse Hatfield married Roseanna McCoy? Honestly, a pure mortal war is far less interesting than one filled with espionage and treason.

Like I said. Eventually the game is going to cross that line. A werewolf seemed like a natural fit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogon Poet View Post
    METHODS TO DISPATCH MICHAL VERDUNG ON YOUR TURN:
    Warrior:

Hunter

Mage

Priest

Rogue

Wulven

Elemental
    Ok, I forgot about some of these. But others won't actually work. Crippling blow, Raven Wildheart, and Marshland Sentinel would cripple temporarily, but the Werewolf would eventually be able to attack again. Everything dealing with ambush wouldn't work; the werewolf still defends, it just doesn't attack back. That might also apply to Medusil. Rabid Bite wouldn't work, because the werewolf would still be defending. Several of the other cards that you mentioned are rarely seen except in niche decks. Conclusion: still OP, but not by as much as I thought.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Ok, I forgot about some of these. But others won't actually work. Crippling blow, Raven Wildheart, and Marshland Sentinel would cripple temporarily, but the Werewolf would eventually be able to attack again. Everything dealing with ambush wouldn't work; the werewolf still defends, it just doesn't attack back. That might also apply to Medusil. Rabid Bite wouldn't work, because the werewolf would still be defending. Several of the other cards that you mentioned are rarely seen except in niche decks. Conclusion: still OP, but not by as much as I thought.
    Thanks for the thoughtful review. Looking at your feedback I realized my wording didn't exactly say what I intended it to. The ability "cannot be reduced below 1 health" is supposed to trigger exactly the same way the Dark Flayer ability does, so I used that language. I have since edited the initial post to hopefully clear up any ambiguity.

Ambush or any other situation which does not allow the werewolf to defend will not trigger his defense ability, so he can die. (You'll have to explain to me the difference between "defend" and "attack back" when referring to ambush. I read Ambush as "Can not be defended")
    Im curious if this would still be OP if all the common defenses I listed were available.
    Also, if he is crippled how will eventually be able to fight again in a Wulven or Rogue deck? I believe crippling will be permanent unless he is retreated and recast (at a cost of 4 resources).

Is there a concern that he ducks under all the heavy hero weapons? I don't think that's a problem when there are plenty of common remedies available.
    Last edited by Vogon Poet; 01-03-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sorry but before anyone starts lableing an idea OP they should take a look at what we're going to be up against in future releases!

New cards in development: