Close

View Poll Results: Is this werewolf idea valuable?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overpowered

6 60.00%
  • Well balanced

2 20.00%
  • Underpowered

0 0%
  • No need for this ability

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Michel Verdung - Werewolf

Dual class ally

(3) Michel Verdung
    [Class:Wulven]
    [Class:Rogue]
    *** No art yet ***

Rogue ally - Wulven

"When Michel Verdung defends any attack his health can not be reduced below 1. Immunity to poison."

Attack: Claw (2)
    Health: (2)
    UNCOMMON
    -----
    Last edited by Vogon Poet; 01-03-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Adjustments made based on feedback.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Due to the low health I would change "cannot be poisoned" to "cannot recieve periodic damage"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Vs anyone without direct damage, indestructible except by suicide. That means human Hunters (minus Banebow) (unless arrows don't count as poison), Rogues, Wulven, and Elementalis, as well as Amber and Ter Adun that don't run Smashing Blow and Priests who don't run Smite, Tidal Wave, or Ice Storm (very few now, but might happen in expanded card pool). OP.

Plus, human or wulven really just doesn't seem like it would work well
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all, the legendary inspiration for this card can be read here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeranny View Post
    Due to the low health I would change "cannot be poisoned" to "cannot recieve periodic damage"
    I thought that would be overpowered. This one can't be hit by Poison Arrow, Sorcerous Poison or Poison Gas, but can be hit by Flaming Arrow or Engulfing Flames. The options remain but the chance of drawing the right trick has been halved.

Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Vs anyone without direct damage, indestructible except by suicide. That means human Hunters (minus Banebow) (unless arrows don't count as poison), Rogues, Wulven, and Elementalis, as well as Amber and Ter Adun that don't run Smashing Blow and Priests who don't run Smite, Tidal Wave, or Ice Storm (very few now, but might happen in expanded card pool). OP.

Not true. First of all, he is not even nearly as powerful as Deathbone. Deathbone delivers 2 inescapable damage no matter what, while MV almost guarantees at least one attack for 2 damage. He may be pesky, and hopefully has a 2-turn average life expectancy on the battlefield, but really is there a deck that can't overcome him for 3 resources? There are only four ways to avoid Deathbone's damage: Pit Trap, Full Moon, Darkclaw or Serena Thoughtripper. Michel's damage can be avoided with common cards and armor.

Wulven would seriously benefit from a third eligible target for Pack Alpha.

Humans essentially gain a cheaper Dirk Saber, but one who doesn't feed the Soul Seekers, Crimson Vests, Carniboars, and other "feeding" items out there. And because he's cheaper, he may be better balanced as a Unique ally.

METHODS TO DISPATCH MICHAL VERDUNG ON YOUR TURN:
    Warrior:

Hunter

Mage

Priest

Rogue

Wulven

Elemental

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    EDIT: Nevermind I just thought about it and now it doesn't seem OP ^^ The detailed list above me jogged my memory lol

Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    He's a werewolf =D
    Last edited by Yrael; 01-03-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You're gonna have to choose whether he's a Human ally or a Shadow ally because as of the current rules of the game, you could not use a Human ally as a Shadow player - even if he matches your Class. Wulven are strictly Shadow.
    ~Pretty•Pretty•Princess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    You're gonna have to choose whether he's a Human ally or a Shadow ally because as of the current rules of the game, you could not use a Human ally as a Shadow player - even if he matches your Class. Wulven are strictly Shadow.
    No room for werewolves then? That almost makes me sad

There are already "Class Allies" like Spark, Nightshade, and Pack Wolf that are not necessarily open to all Shadow or Human Heroes. This would be a Wulven "class ally" who is also human - a traditional lycanthrope.

The availability matrix would be:
    Shadow: Wulven
    Human: Warrior
    Human: Hunter
    Human: Mage
    Human: Priest
    Human: Rogue

I recognize it may mean bending some rules. You know eventually as this game goes on, you're going to anyway

But if I were forced to choose which race to make a werewolf, I would prefer to just skip the card. As either a Human or Wulven player it would be upsetting to not have the werewolf in your ranks. I would wait until the game evolves to where it can handle such a hybrid.
    Last edited by Vogon Poet; 01-03-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There currently is no race aspect for cards. Shadow and Human are factions. Humans contain humans as well as elemental monsters. Shadow contains a different species of elemental, undead, werewolves, monsters, and possibly humans too (thaddeus, majiya).
    You could have a werewolf go on one side or the other, though they would make more sense as a shadow/wulven ally imo.
    ~Pretty•Pretty•Princess~
    v^.^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    There currently is no race aspect for cards. Shadow and Human are factions. Humans contain humans as well as elemental monsters. Shadow contains a different species of elemental, undead, werewolves, monsters, and possibly humans too (thaddeus, majiya).
    You could have a werewolf go on one side or the other, though they would make more sense as a shadow/wulven ally imo.
    Why are you having such a hard time accepting his idea? It's really simple when you think of it. I like it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Why are you having such a hard time accepting his idea? It's really simple when you think of it. I like it.
    I was trying to help with the practicality of implementing the idea, not shutting it down.

From what I can tell, Shadow and Humans are mortal enemies. Having a character who is present on both sides doesn't sound very feasible. Either the humans wouldn't trust him, or the other shadow would kill him for being a traitor. True, he could be clever enough to avoid such a situation (or the card could represent a multitude of lycanthropes of various persuasions) but the card in and of itself opens a whole can of worms from a plot perspective.

Right now the game is as cut and dry as Good Ascendant and Evil Ascendant
    Last edited by Pretty Pretty Princess; 01-03-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    ~Pretty•Pretty•Princess~
    v^.^