Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If you quit a game early do you automatically lose 2 rating?

Noticed that when i quit games in the first few rounds I lose two rating instead of 1. Wonder if this was implemented to stop people from auto quitting. If so, how many rounds do you have to wait?

And before the expected flaming regarding auto quitting, this is:
    1- Good info to have if it is the case
    2- No i don't really care about ratings, I'm driving my rating into the ground testing out lots of different decks.
    3- Its pretty easy to tell a loss within the first 2-3 rounds based on hero match up and initial draw. I have no interest in fighting battles i can't win, especially when they are predetermined. Basic Sun Tzu stuff honestly.

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know that you are going to lose points for a quit in the first 4 turns, but the person you quit on gets nothing in return. It is to stop people from quitting right away. I know that if you lose to someone that is rated lower than you, you can lose more than 1 point.

Not going to "flame" you, but I think that you should reconsider your assumption about predetermined wins and basing things off of the first 2-3 turns. There are a lot of times when an opponent runs out of steam and it allows you the chance to overtake them. I personally refuse to just give up that quickly because I have ended up winning matches that I thought I was going to lose and vice verse.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not gaining rating from someone quitting is stupid. It doesn't matter that they quit, you still won. Thanks for giving me another reason to think this game is bad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfan View Post
    Not gaining rating from someone quitting is stupid. It doesn't matter that they quit, you still won. Thanks for giving me another reason to think this game is bad.
    I have gained rating when people quit early on me, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Actually i think i got 1 rating point when someone quit on me before the first turn when i was playing a DC deck.

Quote Originally Posted by chanson311 View Post
    I know that you are going to lose points for a quit in the first 4 turns, but the person you quit on gets nothing in return. It is to stop people from quitting right away. I know that if you lose to someone that is rated lower than you, you can lose more than 1 point.

Not going to "flame" you, but I think that you should reconsider your assumption about predetermined wins and basing things off of the first 2-3 turns. There are a lot of times when an opponent runs out of steam and it allows you the chance to overtake them. I personally refuse to just give up that quickly because I have ended up winning matches that I thought I was going to lose and vice verse.
    So you are saying 4 turns is the threshold of auto losing points? As for the rest...

I'm not going to sugar coat this one. I don't care what the opponent gets out of a match when i play quick match. That is not my concern. What they get out of it is the concern of my opponent and Wulven studios. In fact it would be hypocritical for me to say i cared considering i am generally against the whole "Darkclaw and mill decks should be nerfed/removed from the game debate". {Edit: see bottom for more on DC debate} If i play a custom game, obviously this doesn't apply.

As for your second point, i respectfully disagree. I find that there are many decks that will mostly not be able to come back from a particularly bad starting draw against certain opponent decks. This is not to say that I haven't come back from games, but when i do i knew that the potential to do so was there in my deck, rather than trying to count on my opponent failing. I'd argue that decks that don't use unilateral card draw have the hardest time coming back from being behind. I almost never quit early when i'm playing mage or warrior, because the possibility of a comeback is always on the table. Quite frankly this is one of the reasons why Warriors and mages are considered the best. Priest are similar due to wizdent's staff and their healing ability, and i'll exclude DC simply because of mill. Its much easier to spot an early loss when you are playing rogue/hunter/elemental and moonstalker. However early losses can be identified playing any deck.

Yes, there is always a chance of winning a game no matter how small. Your opponent may quit, he may make a series of mistakes or maybe you just get really luck. After all there is a lot of luck in Shadow Era. However the statical chances are general very low, and thus big comebacks are few and far between. Many players are willing to stick out games for the chance of this happening, but for me i don't find much satisfaction in such games (at least in quick match). To me that just means i should have failed but i got lucky.

Edit: I don't think DC should be changed because milling is boring for the opponent, but i have argued that DC will inevitably stay a no-ally hero and that makes his development in the game stagnant, and his current setup makes it very hard to add new cards and useful decks to DC deck. An example is of all the cards i have seen that are in the works, only one (maybe two) seem to be even remotely viable as additions to a DC deck. Thus i aprove of his proposed change.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 12-31-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I fully agree with JS. It's a breather to read something different than 'Nono, you should not quit early, have consideration with opponents!'

+10

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHansje View Post
    I fully agree with JS. It's a breather to read something different than 'Nono, you should not quit early, have consideration with opponents!'

+10
    We aren't alone broskie
    A concede option is worth considering

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had 3 people quit early on me IN A ROW yesterday, not even kidding. I did not gain rating for any of those. Needless to say it was quite annoying. I do not care for rating as a number particularly, I do care though climbing upwards so that I can play with even better players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree it is really annoying to have people quite on you especially in a row. My thoughts to sticking with it is just because you dont have a good draw does not mean that your opponent does. I will say you can most of the time get a good grasp if you are going to lose or have a chance by t4 or t5. Also with has many people (especially when not in tourney play) that are just deck testing or trying new things out you can end up playing a really bad deck even in higher rankings so I think it is almost always worth sticking out till you just know for sure. I do agree with the concede button though maybe let it become available after t4 or t5 though that way its not used the same as just quitting.
    in Shadow Era ETC
    Every Team-member Counts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HigherPrimate View Post
    I had 3 people quit early on me IN A ROW yesterday, not even kidding. I did not gain rating for any of those. Needless to say it was quite annoying. I do not care for rating as a number particularly, I do care though climbing upwards so that I can play with even better players.
    well if they auto quit on you it seems like they lose two points, lessing the chance you face them again.

And if it is lost on any posters here... the whole point of this thread was asking by what turn does a quit count as a recorded game in which the quitter doesn't automatically lose 2 points (as was my experience). Once that point is reached, xp is recorded and the victor gains rating.

Thus the thread doesn't really apply to the issue of players not gaining stat points when someone quits too early on them.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 01-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfan View Post
    LOL at this!

I'm sure it probably something that has to do with 2 people (or 1 person with 2 accounts) doing the auto-quit thing drive their rank up. The way it is now, no one "gains" anything so there is no incentive to do this.

Seriously, Unfan, are you going to troll every thread?