Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Self-Preservation Deck

I have a very nice priest build that I would like to share with everyone. I consists of the following :
    1 x Zhanna Mist
    3 x Jasmine Rosecult
    4 x Dirk Saber
    3 x Sandra Trueblade
    3 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 x Erika Shadowhunter
    4 x Blake Windrunner
    3 x Aeon Stormcaller
    4 x Healing Touch
    2 x Tidal Wave
    3 x Destroy Arms
    3 x Resurrection
    4 x Holy Shield
    4 x Retreat!
    2 x Rain Delay
    3 x Bazaar
    4 x Bad Santa

The main strategies are :
    1. Keep your hero healed with her power or with Healing Touch and prevent any damage using Holy Shield
    2. Force opponent to burn through his deck with Bazaar and Bad Santa. Once he has no cards left, he will take 3 damage on his turn from now on. You will still have plenty of cards left.
    3. Nullify opponents’ attackers with Jasmine Rosecult’s Power, Retreat!, and Rain Delay. Another way is to effectively use Tidal Wave + Resurrection. You might need to sacrifice your own but it helps keep your hero alive and you get them back!
    4. Divert attacks away from hero using Aeon Stormcaller (can also use Holy Shield / Healing Touch to help him stay alive).
    5. Use Destroy Arms to destroy opponent’s items.
    6. You can also use Retreat! On your own allies if they are poison, burned, or have other items attached to them.
    7. Use Resurrection to add allies back to your deck

Remember, this is more geared towards SELF-PRESERVATION, only attack if it doesn’t get your allies killed. ENJOY!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like an interesting idea, don't know how well it would work in practice.

However I'd definitely get rid of the Dirk Sabers. I think it's a terrible, terrible card. 4cc for 2/3 with a really crappy ability? No thanks. I would take them out for 2 more Rain Delays (they are awesome at stalling the opponent and it means you survive 2 more turns no matter what). 1 more Sandra no doubt, to slow down the opponent and 1 more Bazaar since you really wanna play that on turn 2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i played a 30-35 card priest deck that had kind of the same strategy, works pretty good against mage decks
    Finish Him!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my one problem with this deck and darkclaw is bazaar. its just way too helpful to your opponent. be able to kill portal is big though. no portal turns my gravebone deck to mush.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Man, I really would love to have strategies to share. But I started to play few minutes ago...
    Great things are near to be done

--

Fernanda.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    Sounds like an interesting idea, don't know how well it would work in practice.

However I'd definitely get rid of the Dirk Sabers. I think it's a terrible, terrible card. 4cc for 2/3 with a really crappy ability? No thanks. I would take them out for 2 more Rain Delays (they are awesome at stalling the opponent and it means you survive 2 more turns no matter what). 1 more Sandra no doubt, to slow down the opponent and 1 more Bazaar since you really wanna play that on turn 2.
    I spent a lot of gold getting some cards and bought those rain delays soon after I posted this.

I am still fine tuning this deck so all and any feedback is very welcome. I have hit a big snag though, playing against Ter Adun on For Aiur, I cant stay alive long enough...so I will try different cominations and will let you all know what I have.

However if you need to level, this deck is fun to play especially against moonstalker
    Last edited by Brian Catbagan; 03-05-2011 at 04:12 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    confirmed, I play Moonstalker and it's really fun to play against this deck since both decks have the same goal