Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Spark Effect

This is just a simple guide to players whom have played with, and against Sparks, or King's Pride. As far as I know, these are the two main contributors and causes of what I would call, the Spark Effect.

What is the Spark Effect?
    When one object that affects the Health of an Ally in play leaves play, causing a drop in Health and resulting in a death of ally/allies.

If there are 4 sparks in play, 3 of them 4/4 and one of them 4/3 (took damage from a weapon earlier), how can one eliminate all 4 with just one retreat in hand, Jasmine and Puwen in play?

There are many ways, but here's the simplest way:
    1. Retreat one full health spark. (Remaining 2 3/3 Sparks, 1 3/2 Spark)
    2. Attack with Jasmine, and kill one Spark. (Remaining 1 2/2 Spark, 1 2/1 Spark)
    3. Attack with Puwen, kill another spark. (No more Sparks in play)
    4. Last damaged spark auto dies due to the Spark Effect.

Seems tedious? Quite, until the owner of the sparks decides to play Shard of Power, and if you are up against 4 6/1 Sparks?

Just deal one damage/retreat! one spark, and all of them die instantly.

What does this mean for you, as a player? Here's a real scenario that I created for myself:

Warrior VS Priest (me)

Opponent logan has a Berserker's Edge at 2 dmg, with 3 durability.

I have a King's Pride, with 2 Erikas (one 6/4, the other 6/3)and one Tainted Oracle (4/3) in play.

In order to deal maximum damage while keeping as Erikas in play, I do this:
    1. 6/3 Erika attacks first, becoming 6/1 (Berserkers now at 3 dmg, 2 dur)
    2. I use second 6/4 Erika, becoming 6/1 (Berserkers now at 4 dmg, 1 dur)
    3. I use TO to attack, dying and taking Berserkers with her.

I looked pretty decent, with 2 6/1 Erikas and a full KP in play, and the opponent deals a Smashing Blow to my King's Pride, which results in everything on my board to Auto-Die due to the Spark Effect.

There are multiple applications, both offensively and defensively, and I just feel that everybody should be more aware of this strategy, as in my case, your ignorance can literally cause your defeat.
    Last edited by wreon; 12-28-2011 at 09:04 PM.