Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wolf-cub seeking advice.

Hello everyone. I recently started playing this game, and it is my first ever CCG/TCG (generally I'm an mmorpg man) and so far it's great to get into a game of stragety instead of mindless grinding. That said, I don't as yet fully understand the finer tactics of the game. I have read the various guides on the forums and keep seeing terms like board control, rushing, etc. What does all this mean?

I also would like some advice on my deck. I am currently playing a Moonstalker deck which is as follows:

3 Brutalis
    2 plasma behemoths
    3 chimera
    1 belladonna
    3 hellstead
    1 shadow knight
    4 pack wolf
    2 now you're mine
    1 speedstrike
    1 what big teeth
    3 regeneration
    1 pack alpha
    2 here be monsters
    2 pleasure from pain
    1 shadow font
    4 extra sharp
    1 fangs of the predator
    1 bazaar
    1 silver of shadow

Bearing in mind I have just started and have a limited number of cards at my disposal. My general tactic is to use extra sharp + hellsteads to boost my pack wolves or chimera (pref chimera) and saving my hero ability for protecting the weakened chimera. Am I on the right track with this or should I be looking at a lone wolf build? My deck has worked ok against the computer, but as of yet I haven't had a chance to do much PvP because of an error that occurs whenever I join a challenge match.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. P.S. I love the atmosphere of these forums, it really makes a change from mmorpg forums where most people resort to nerdrages and flamefests in most threads.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alrighty. Moonstalker is an awesome hero. I suggest following something like this for a build...

1 Moonstalker

4 Pack Wolf
    2 Brutalis
    4 Infernal Gargoyle
    2 Bad Wolf
    3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    3 Plasma Behemoth

4 Captured Prey/Now Your Mine
    4 Shadow Font
    4 Bad Santa
    3 Bloodlust/Full Moon

3 Wrath of the Forest/Bazaar

4 Jeweler's Dream

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    from one new person to another welcome.
    as for the deck, no idea im sure a more advance player will go in to more details.
    ( http://game.shadowera.com/bonus.php ) may help get a few more cards.
    i think the error you get is due to a lack of cards (if my math wrong your missing 2 cards)
    as for the terms ( i could be wrong but these are my thoughts)
    Rushing - lots of light and cheap cannon fodder, that rush,zerg your oppentant
    board contorl -as it says, contorl of the board, stopping your oppents minons/beasts/who knows what and there iteams. so you can decide what happens and how.

All of the above may be wrong or may not
    good luck and have fun
    Radioactive Jelly of Acolytes of A1
    Student's today, masters tomorrow

please look at for more info on AA1 or here for more info on A1

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

-Sun Tzu

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. Is there any reason why you don't take chimera in a deck? With Moonstalker's ability it seems like quite a strong ally. Also, the error I'm getting is whenever I go into a PvP battle, the game will crash and bring up the message "getthreadcontext failed". I then have to manually close the game with task manager. The same applies for viewing games in action. I don't have any problems against the AI, so possibly it's my internet connection (which is pretty bad right now - getting it fixed soon).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    have you tired use the game in the web browswer? maybe worth a try if not.
    Radioactive Jelly of Acolytes of A1
    Student's today, masters tomorrow

please look at for more info on AA1 or here for more info on A1

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

-Sun Tzu

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To play multiplayer, your deck must have 40 cards, including the hero.

You need to cut out some of your cards that only have one or two copies and increase the number of cards for others. For something that you want every game but only need one of, run two. If it's an essential part of your strategy, three or four.

Board Control - having control of the board, generally by having more and bigger allies. If you have board control, your opponent is going to get less use out of their allies because you will be able to destroy them as they come on.

Rushing - dealing as much damage as possible in as little time as possible. Generally done through allies cost three or less.

Chimera is decent, but requires upkeep and is fragile when powerful; other allies are more durable and better suited for when you can't spam your ability (suggestion - add more shadow font).
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had forgotten about the web browser option, so tried it and it works fine. Dunno what is up with the PC client. Do you think it's worth cutting out the weapon cards and Speedstrike in favour of more utility? I usually find myself saccing the weapons when I get them since most of my damage comes from my allies.