Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Startup Hero/Deck choice

Hi all, I'm new to this game and is closed to lv5 against AIs. With Shadow Crystals and gold comes only in-game, is it possible to play a compatible deck? I want to ask which Hero should I choose and how to spend the about 200SC and gold to build the deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Depends on what you like and whether you want to continue to grind gold against AI or enter into the QM scene. I have some hero guides, and hope to have all the heroes posted very soon (see my sig).

Best bets for entry level decks would include, Eladwen, Nishaven, Amber, Logan.

Best decks for grinding AI would be Elementalis or Eladwen
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    honestly not really....the game is free to download and there's no in game ads. So if you want to support the designers and keep new cards and updates coming you basically have to pay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your replies, I want to play in QM and according to Wtzky's suggestion, I should choose among mages and warriors, am I right? I have some experiences with other TCGs, and I want to play a fun and compatible deck without too much gold requirement, and if possible, I enjoy board control style

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by hurric9 View Post
    Thanks for your replies, I want to play in QM and according to Wtzky's suggestion, I should choose among mages and warriors, am I right? I have some experiences with other TCGs, and I want to play a fun and compatible deck without too much gold requirement, and if possible, I enjoy board control style
    elementals are good for control but you can do good control with mages too. It's probably better to play Nishaven because then you can lower the creature count and clear the battlefield with his wipe, then use the freed up card slots for more stall, burn, and tech.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    elementals are good for control but you can do good control with mages too. It's probably better to play Nishaven because then you can lower the creature count and clear the battlefield with his wipe, then use the freed up card slots for more stall, burn, and tech.
    Thank you Spazik, here's another question, suppose I'm using Nishaven, I should start with him, and when I'm lv5, I got about 275 SC(with the bonus) and some golds, how should I spend them? buy another human mage pack? or buy the random pack to achieve some uncommon card?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Strong Mage decks are typically cheaper to create because they require less weapons/armor and are still effective.

Check out GDC's "economical eladwen" deck.. It was designed for v1.27 but it's still a decent deck in v1.29

Here's a link: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/decks....php?id=100001

Just add a few other cheap cards to make a 40 card deck if you want to play in Quick Match vs. people..

You could add.. More Super Nova.. Arcane Burst.. Freeze... engulfing flames.. Poison gas.. Special delivery

And when you get more gold.. You could add armor like Snow Saphire.. :-)
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by hurric9 View Post
    Thank you Spazik, here's another question, suppose I'm using Nishaven, I should start with him, and when I'm lv5, I got about 275 SC(with the bonus) and some golds, how should I spend them? buy another human mage pack? or buy the random pack to achieve some uncommon card?
    Buy the packs because then you can re-sell the rares to buy you the cards you need or you might get lucky and get a rare you needed in the first place. You can also buy the shadow crystals for pretty cheap. I built a tier 1-tier 1.5 Gravebone deck for $1.99 yesterday.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    Buy the packs because then you can re-sell the rares to buy you the cards you need or you might get lucky and get a rare you needed in the first place. You can also buy the shadow crystals for pretty cheap. I built a tier 1-tier 1.5 Gravebone deck for $1.99 yesterday.
    wow! $1.99 = only 200 Shadow crystals am I right? that's amazing. and should I sell the rares to npc or is there an auction or something I trade with other players?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best way to get gold is to buy an elemental starter pack and sell all the cards. You can then use the gold for what you need.

Elemental starter packs give the most money in return, this has been proven. Booster packs don't give as much and you may not get any Mage cards in them that you want.

In terms of deck; have a go at a control Eladwen. It is strong and cheap, apart from dagger of unmaking which you can substitute for other cards quite easily (more allies for example). There are plenty around the Mage subforums.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners