Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

CHALLENGE : Darcklaw new account : easy 300 Rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Until you play Darkclaw at the 300 rating mark like me and others, shut your mouth.

You don't understand how hard it is to play Darkclaw at high level play. There's a reason all the Hide and Seek Darkclaw's are stuck at 150-240 rating. It's not as autowin as people cry on the forums. It loses to Warriors, Zhanna, and Zaladar. The only certain matchup is Eladwen. Even then she can kill you before you're set up.

So what's the problem? People aren't good enough to get out of the 150-240 range? That isn't Darkclaw's fault.

To reply to Drakkon, & to watch people here that Darcklaw is not overpowered but silly to play, i made a entirely new account named DCforDrakkon that i'll push to 300 ratings.

Here's the REAL challenge : I'm making a new account & i won't buy ANY Shadow Cristals and i won't play AI to win levels.
    I tooked only the SC bonus for new players.

When i reach 300 rating, i'll post the deck & the strategy to play it. Actually, the deck indeed have a lot of cards missing because the lack of gold and shadow cristals.

As a reference : this is the first time i really take time to play DC. So my gameplay is only on observations & knowing concepts.
    The reason why i didn't played him is because as a personnal view, i'm seeing Darcklaw not fun to play because the games are almost all the same.
    That's why i prefer to have more troubles playing with Zaladar with my real account, because each games are different.

Why playing this challenge ?
    Besides trying to teach Drakkon some humility, it's more to point out few things :
    - Darkclaw is the easiest Hero to play while being highly efficient.
    - Darkclaw is not OP but his only specific strategy makes him hard to tune your deck while being able to beat other heroes unless you can beat your opponent without any ally. So you can beat him 100% of the time if you want, then you'll took an arrow in the knee.
    - Darkclaw deserves to get more strategies to be played, as being countered.
    - Also to better know Darkclaw myself, & try to give my deck the fewest tuned cards as possible & still being able to beat him.

For info, i created the deck earlier today (24/12/2011)
    Last edited by ArkaX; 12-24-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good luck with your crazy endeavour! Not sure 'treating Drakkon some humility' is a good motivator!

I did set up an account to play DC and I think that not playing the AI (to get 100 crystals at L4/5) could be flawed. You will for example have to play as a different hero until you have enough gold / crystals to actually buy a DC deck as you have to start as a human hero (stupid rule!) So - presuming you chose mage? you could be 150 rated+ before you start as DC, at that point you will still be short of many key cards to play as DC 200+

Good luck though - interesting to see how you do.....

Keep us updated!

J

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhalava View Post
    Good luck with your crazy endeavour! Not sure 'treating Drakkon some humility' is a good motivator!

I did set up an account to play DC and I think that not playing the AI (to get 100 crystals at L4/5) could be flawed. You will for example have to play as a different hero until you have enough gold / crystals to actually buy a DC deck as you have to start as a human hero (stupid rule!) So - presuming you chose mage? you could be 150 rated+ before you start as DC, at that point you will still be short of many key cards to play as DC 200+

Good luck though - interesting to see how you do.....

Keep us updated!

J
    Thanks
    I tooked the new players bonus from here : http://game.shadowera.com/bonus.php
    I got 200 SC so i was able to buy 2 wolves decks.
    I played them from the begining & already approaching the 200 ratings even with the huge lack of cards.

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lucky you!

I only ever get 100

Asia Regional (Winter 2012) 2nd Place
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can reach 300 rating with a new logan or eladwen account,but I dont think darkclaw can do that because it is not strong enough.however, good luck to you,hope you can make it.
    Youanthe - the freeman of A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hmmm that sounds mad, but good luck, on your crazy misson

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Good luck, buddy!

Extremely Tough Challenge!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 as a dc player Arkax I wish you luck! Think you may ned it ; )
    "fairwell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou!"

Proud member of ETC
    1.28 Tournament winner
    Entertaining the Cosmos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think you'll make it. If you do make it, you'll have my respect, but I doubt it.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Kyle just gave everyone 100 free SC, so that should help you a little ArkaX. Good luck!