Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    I always say that you are entitled to your opinion but if this were magic we'd call it imba, or at least pushing it, and anything less than 3 is just broken. Well of course it is not like Lightning Bolt which is pretty much 3 damage for 1 resource, but still. It would be better if they made it 4 for 4 resource to damage.

And if ppl did not know you can make all those split spells target 1 thing.

@Supermof you forget that she can just whipe Blakes and ANYONE with health 4 or less starting turn 3, soon turn 4.
    ... Eladwen can nuke once every 3 turns... so what're you talking about? If you've ever had a single Blake out for 2 turns in a row and attacked the enemy hero twice, then that single blake has already proven to be more cost effective than a single fireball. -.-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ Sorter

I donno why you don't understand? Have you ever done any math?

Fireball, 4 cost, 4 damage, 4/4=1. 1 damage per point of resource. One-time use.
    Blake, 2 cost, 3 damage, 3/2=1.5. 1.5 damage per point of resource. Stays on until dead.
    Lightning strike, 4 cost, 2x3 damage, 3/4=0.75 damage per point of resource per target, 6/4=1.5. 1.5 damage per point of resource total. One-time use.

Fireball is lower damage. I think I rest my case on that one? Lightning strike is the same damage but ONLY it's total damage while the per target damage is even less than fireball and it cannot clear the board of half the allies in the game. It's one-time use, can only be used on the 4th turn and up, and restricts your ability to cast extra cards on turn 4 and 5.

?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I said fireball, I meant flames. Guess you couldn't tell from the context of: "Fireball and poison are so bad. They need to cost 3 if they were to be viable." -the fact that I said poison and that fireball already costs 3, so i probably didn't mean that.

Fireball can be quite good. Flames and poison are terrible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    Sorry I said fireball, I meant flames. Guess you couldn't tell from the context of: "Fireball and poison are so bad. They need to cost 3 if they were to be viable." -the fact that I said poison and that fireball already costs 3, so i probably didn't mean that.

Fireball can be quite good. Flames and poison are terrible.
    Ok so a little case of broken telephone. I apologize as well. Yes the ongoing spells that attach to hero. They are bad but also sometimes a pain. That is where I was confused. Because 3 res for 4 DMG =/ bad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbane View Post
    I have a mage deck that has won vs some of the top 20 and doesn't even have a single Ally in it lol. If your reading this InDaHole im sure you remember that right b4 you left the game ;P.
    I beat him with a no-ally deck, as well as a couple other top 20 players. I've also lost against plenty with the same deck. I think as others have said, there's too much luck involved for it to win compared to using allies+portal. It's definitely a lot of fun, and should be more viable once some more damage spells come out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbane View Post
    I have a mage deck that has won vs some of the top 20 and doesn't even have a single Ally in it lol. If your reading this InDaHole im sure you remember that right b4 you left the game ;P.
    Yeah, i remember loosing to you, nice idea but i made quite a few mistakes in that game as i didnt know what i was facing, thing with those decks is they mostly work on suprise and you need more luck than a portal deck needs, still respect for making such a deck work