Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why is Jericho considered such a good hero? It might be my rating (170-200) games, but I only go to use his ability twice in 10+ games.
    About retreat - why is it considered so strong too? Smite seems like more "permanent" solution :-)
    Also, I understand that priests prefere to extend the game but how do you deal with an opponent who outright stalls? I just had a game with Majiya that had every stalling and disabling ability in the game! Well, in the end she had 1 HP an 1 card left, but I really felt powerless since she had that 2 HP for over 20 turns...
    In case that helps with my questions I use an adjusted version of Soothslyr deck. I added more heal,4 smites 2 ice storms and a few allies to compensate for deck increase to 48 cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cause Retreat can be used to do a multitude of things. In comparison, Smite is always the same use, 3 damage to an enemy. So versatility. Retreat an enemy Plasma Behemoth on t5, they just wasted their turn essentially. Retreat your own ally that has been disabled or frozen to clear it. Retreat a valuable ally that is about to die. In late game, Kris-Retreat-Kris for 4cc or cycle again for 7cc. Lots of strategies as opposed to just 3 damage to something.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    Cause Retreat can be used to do a multitude of things. In comparison, Smite is always the same use, 3 damage to an enemy. So versatility. Retreat an enemy Plasma Behemoth on t5, they just wasted their turn essentially. Retreat your own ally that has been disabled or frozen to clear it. Retreat a valuable ally that is about to die. In late game, Kris-Retreat-Kris for 4cc or cycle again for 7cc. Lots of strategies as opposed to just 3 damage to something.
    To add to that, since retreat is only cost 2; it's highly possible to do a retreat your opponent's ally + your own ally on the same turn. So your opponent lost his tempo and there is a chance that he cannot cast his ally out anymore since you did the retreat+ally same turn. Your ally might be able to kill his ally/be restricted if you did a retreat/jasmine.

Kris-retreat-kris-retreat-kris is very powerful if kp or aldon/war banner is in play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the tips! I did not realise that it could be cast on friendlies. This changes everything!
    What of Jericho?
    Another question is about deck size. With all the draw engines we have is it really hindering the deck tif I have 46-50 cards instead of 40?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    [QUOTE=BeagleGB;160470]Why is Jericho considered such a good hero? It might be my rating (170-200) games, but I only go to use his ability twice in 10+ games.

Maybe cause facin jericho many players sac the cards that he can so easily remove?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    jericho is situational, a priest in turney may use him if they kno they are facing a wolf or warrior where he is stronger. in QGs tho or when you don't know your opp, zhanna is the better choice and more versatile.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    here is some more info about it http://www.dotmmo.com/shadow-era-6558.html