Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Ley line nexus. It'll be a neutral card, so available for all heroes. It destroys any item of cost 5 or lower and lets you draw a card yourself. For only 5cc, that's not so bad.
    SS costs 6?!

I read once about the new cards (Card Discussions / Upcoming Cards). But they are no longer listed on the forum.
    Last edited by Northstar; 12-20-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What I do is:
    1. Hope I have board control.
    2. attack with half my allies one turn.
    3. attack with the second half on the next turn.
    4. repeat as needed.

But I typically build decks that have a way to counter armors in the first place since King's Pride is annoying but there are times where you can't get anything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ikkii View Post
    What I do is:
    1. Hope I have board control.
    2. attack with half my allies one turn.
    3. attack with the second half on the next turn.
    4. repeat as needed.

But I typically build decks that have a way to counter armors in the first place since King's Pride is annoying but there are times where you can't get anything.
    This, also try to keep your best allies safe from freezing effect, PB, jasmine, raven. Also if you have two retreat in hand, or one retreat and one crippling blow, use all your allies the same turn...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    SS costs 6?!

I read once about the new cards (Card Discussions / Upcoming Cards). But they are no longer listed on the forum.
    it is here. I use Ley Line Nexus as keyword.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    With the card draw, I don't see how Hunter's soul seeker style will ever see the light of day, even with Blacksmith (also new card).

I actually think the new cards will cause items to phase out of importance, too many ways to kill an item would make items extremely unreliable. If you thought 4 Smashing Blows were bad, imagine +4 Ley Line, items can go sing in one corner. Just play cheap items like JD and stay below Ley's 5cc targets, and use your weapons asap (would be the only way to play items).
    I disagree. Weapons will also be more easily to bring back, and weapons have haste. So even if you destroy them easily, as a hunter, you already attacked twice with them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    SS costs 6?!

I'm sorry, I mistyped. It's cost 5 or higher. For lower costs, you have shriek and misplaced.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With the card draw, I don't see how Hunter's soul seeker style will ever see the light of day, even with Blacksmith (also new card).

I actually think the new cards will cause items to phase out of importance, too many ways to kill an item would make items extremely unreliable. If you thought 4 Smashing Blows were bad, imagine +4 Ley Line, items can go sing in one corner. Just play cheap items like JD and stay below Ley's 5cc targets, and use your weapons asap (would be the only way to play items).
    I don't agree because I personally would never waste enough slots in a deck build with item destruction to make them unplayable. I use item destruction as a means to disrupt a weapon heavy deck and slow down their strategy at a critical time.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree. Weapons will also be more easily to bring back, and weapons have haste. So even if you destroy them easily, as a hunter, you already attacked twice with them anyway.
    Yes, you can bring them back, but a destroyed item takes one turn to get it to hand, and another to play it. The window becomes huge, and thus less viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by chanson311 View Post
    I don't agree because I personally would never waste enough slots in a deck build with item destruction to make them unplayable. I use item destruction as a means to disrupt a weapon heavy deck and slow down their strategy at a critical time.
    You may not play multiple item destruction (I was giving a worst case scenario), but the fact that Ley Line draws a card WHILE destroying an item? Add momentum to you, drop momentum for opponent, and looking at all the sexy new weapons and armours to come, it would be silly not to play minimum 3 Ley Line per deck, except maybe for priests.

Take a look at the new armours and weapons and tell me you're not tempted to wrap a deck around it as a core. Now take that rush of weapon armour focused meta, and how likely the counter comes. The result would be as I predicted.

However, with allies getting really, really interesting with the new wave, without new reliable ally removal, trust me, allies would most likely flood the meta. But I'm being crazy presumptuous here, quite intentionally, in hope to incite debate, because I'm looking for a healthy one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, you can bring them back, but a destroyed item takes one turn to get it to hand, and another to play it. The window becomes huge, and thus less viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by chanson311 View Post
    You may not play multiple item destruction (I was giving a worst case scenario), but the fact that Ley Line draws a card WHILE destroying an item? Add momentum to you, drop momentum for opponent, and looking at all the sexy new weapons and armours to come, it would be silly not to play minimum 3 Ley Line per deck, except maybe for priests.

Take a look at the new armours and weapons and tell me you're not tempted to wrap a deck around it as a core. Now take that rush of weapon armour focused meta, and how likely the counter comes. The result would be as I predicted.

However, with allies getting really, really interesting with the new wave, without new reliable ally removal, trust me, allies would most likely flood the meta. But I'm being crazy presumptuous here, quite intentionally, in hope to incite debate, because I'm looking for a healthy one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A bit out of the debate, but imo, the problem is with Soul Seeker & hunters. Not with the card.
    As a warrior, you can have multiple strategies to win the game & that's good. KP is just one of them, and they have plenty of weapon, even at 3cc, to manage a 5cc item destruction.

But hunters and expecially Gwen build their entire strategies on one f..in weapon & that's really sad. Actually Soul Seeker is completly OP but no one complains cause hunters are a bit f..ed with their cardpool.
    Giving hunters an amazing weapon to counterbalance their weaknesses was a bad choice. Forcing them to build a deck on one card is a bad choice.
    Because one item destruction card shouldn't destroy a class anyway, or that class will always be in a bad situation against any class that have a nice item destruction like warriors or Priests.

I mean think about it. This gameplay is f..ed up : who play against Gwen must have either
    1) A nice armor cause hunters don't have an item destruction card
    2) Item destruction cards to destroy Soul Seeker.
    3) A way to win without any allies on the field (Elad/DC).
    Actually, Gwen may be even advantaged cause the first condition is fucked with the new card & she'll have more Soul Seeker with lily than your item destructions cards.

If you play a Elemental with a build based on allies against Gwen, your allies are just heal to her. If you win, it's cause she can't destroy your armor and you were lucky enough to inflict enough damage or she runned out of deck. Now the item destruction will just give you some tempo on Soul Seeker while she'll destroy your armor.
    So against the class who didn't had already an item destruction card, their armor being their main defense against Gwen, she may be advantaged against them.

Hunters should get, anyway, a more interesting gameplay with a new cardpool & tweaks and it shouldn't be build on one Soul Seeker. And then, just tweak that weapon anyway cause it's far too OP by itself.
    Last edited by ArkaX; 12-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkaX View Post
    A bit out of the debate, but imo, the problem is with Soul Seeker & hunters. Not with the card.
    As a warrior, you can have multiple strategies to win the game & that's good. KP is just one of them, and they have plenty of weapon, even at 3cc, to manage a 5cc item destruction.

But hunters and expecially Gwen build their entire strategies on one f..in weapon & that's really sad. Actually Soul Seeker is completly OP but no one complains cause hunters are a bit f..ed with their cardpool.
    Giving hunters an amazing weapon to counterbalance their weaknesses was a bad choice. Forcing them to build a deck on one card is a bad choice.
    Because one item destruction card shouldn't destroy a class anyway, or that class will always be in a bad situation against any class that have a nice item destruction like warriors or Priests.

I mean think about it. This gameplay is f..ed up : who play against Gwen must have either
    1) A nice armor cause hunters don't have an item destruction card
    2) Item destruction cards to destroy Soul Seeker.
    3) A way to win without any allies on the field (Elad/DC).
    Actually, Gwen may be even advantaged cause the first condition is fucked with the new card & she'll have more Soul Seeker with lily than your item destructions cards.

If you play a Elemental with a build based on allies against Gwen, your allies are just heal to her. If you win, it's cause she can't destroy your armor and you were lucky enough to inflict enough damage or she runned out of deck. Now the item destruction will just give you some tempo on Soul Seeker while she'll destroy your armor.
    So against the class who didn't had already an item destruction card, their armor being their main defense against Gwen, she may be advantaged against them.

Hunters should get, anyway, a more interesting gameplay with a new cardpool & tweaks and it shouldn't be build on one Soul Seeker. And then, just tweak that weapon anyway cause it's far too OP by itself.
    Hear hear!

But I disagree on one point. Having played Gwen myself, I know that frankly speaking, even allied decks can kill me, with elementalis being actually extremely likely a sure win against gwen. Why? Because ally less Gwen cannot waste her SE ability too many times on allies, and all PB and gargoyles do not go down with merely one hit. As long as you do not suicide your allies to Gwen while the weapon is under her ability (a surprising number of people do that, I find it comforting), Gwen cannot go pure ally hunting when she needs to direct her damage to the opponent.

Allied ones have a better chance against elementals, but then mind control comes into play.

Finally, elementals have a solid heal against any one too vicious eith their allies, and eternal renewal to survive any potential deck out. With ley line, Gwen will become elemental food soon. Plus, gives them a card draw that they always wanted.