Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Drafting Jericho/Ter Adun Anti-Meta

NOTE: AS THE TITLE SUGGESTS, THIS IS ONLY A DRAFT. IT IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN IF IT IS COMPETITIVE OR NOT. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

With the infamous dominance of Mage Portal comes the surprisingly effective Darkclaw Stall, a deck made to counter this excessively popular mage. While these two decks constantly competing during this current meta, both share something that can potentially wreck their strategies: Items.

Darkclaw uses items (lone wolf, what big teeth) and attachments (Rabid Bite, Captured Prey) heavily, making it heavy on its ally removal and brushing off anything that still stands in its way.

Mage Portal utilizes two items: Research and Portal. Portal calls for instant field dominance and Research allows immense card advantage. They may not be the biggest threats in the deck, but certainly contribute to victories greatly.

So what can we do to go against both with one deck? Here I present an idea(s): Jericho Spellbane and Ter Adun.

With Jericho Spellbane, humans now have access to one of the few item removal options available: Destroy Arms. Not only that, additional abilities such as Tidal Wave and Resurrection provide additonal survivability to the humans. Along with that Jericho's ability gets rid of annoyances such as Captured Prey and Rabid Bite.

Ter Adun, on the other hand, kills items effortlessly with its ability. Along with the huge benefits of high HP and undeniably powerful card advantage (Blood Frenzy), Ter Adun calls for not only offense and field dominance with the aggressive Warrior class, but a good boost in deck access.

So now the lists:

1 Jericho Spellbane

4 Blake Windrunner
    3 Aldon the Brave
    4 Chandra Trueblade
    3 Aeon Stormcaller

3 Bad Santa
    4 Smite
    4 Destroy Arms
    2 Tidal Wave
    2 Resurrection

30 total

Smite works is a less effective Fireball, with it dealing one less damage, but it still costs the same as Fireball and kills many early threats Eladwen decks can throw at you. Darkclaw isn't resistant against it, so it shall suffice for priests.

A full set of Destroy Arms for anti-Darkclaw and easy Portal and Research death. Be sure not to use Destory Arms immediately as something comes along, though. Another copy of it might be lying in the opponent's hand, especially when it comes to Darkclaw.

Resurrection is nice against both decks, as they both contain huge amounts of removal. It also helps you build-up a possible "hold back and assemble" strategy introduced here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....mmentary-(pics)

As for Ter Adun...

1 Ter Adun

4 Infernal Gargoyle
    4 Plasma Behemoth
    4 Bad Wolf
    4 Belladonna

3 Blood Frenzy
    4 Crippling Blow
    2 Warrior Training
    4 Here Be Monsters
    2 War Banner
    1 Enrage

33 Total

Warrior Training? WARRIOR TRAINING??!! Yea. There's a few in here for a very fun reason: giving it to Bad Wolf or Infernal Gargoyle in the Darkclaw matchup. With What Big Teeth Out, the only thing Darkclaw can actually attack now is... nothing! Infernal resists with Rough Skin, and Bad Wolf regenerates it back, meaning that you'll be able to land some free damage with the two creatures with it, especially when Warrior Training's attached.

A set of Plasma Behemoth sounds a bit expensive, but it is extremely crucial in every match it's in. Darkclaw takes some serious hits from it, and anything Eladwen gets out will probably get Fireballed by the Behemoth.

In any case, that's my introduction to my idea of an Anti-Meta strategy. I would've tested both of these builds myself, but I ran out of gold ._. Anyway, please discuss, as this idea greatly excites me and hopefully it will actually work!
    Last edited by AlexTetris; 03-03-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When you say draft i think your talking about drafting as in passing packs and picking cards and making a deck with it, lol. The decks look good, i wanted to make a Ter Adun deck just to get rid of all the items and my idea was close to this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    belladonna is usually a waste of resources unless she is coming out of a portal. maybe deathbone or chimera would fit better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wanted to try Ter Adun for abit now.Deck looks good but replace Belladona w/ Deathbone...Il probably try it pretty soon when I get some $$

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like Warrior decks because of Blood Frenzy. The problem with Ter Adun vs Boris Skullcrusher, is that while Adun's ability is nice vs Research and Portal, Skullcrusher's ability helps you establish board control. Skullcrusher also has access to the better Human allies.

I actually had the same thought as you, using Adun to destroy those key Eladwen items, while riding Blood Frenzy to victory, but I found it a lot harder to gain or regain board control without the better Human allies and Skullcrusher's ability. I've found Valiant Defender a fine enough counter for Portal, with it also being able to help you regain board control, and provides a nice game ending combo with Aeon. Blood Frenzy was key if my opponent had a Research. You could match their drawing, but gain in tempo.

This is my current defensive minded Skullcrusher deck. Last night I played 1 Wulven player and 4 Eldawen players. I went second every time vs Eldawen and only lost one game to Draco.
    1 Boris Skullcrusher
    4 Blake Windrunner
    4 Jasmine Rosecult
    4 Aldon the Brave
    3 Aeon Stormcaller
    4 Blood Frenzy
    4 Warbanner
    4 Valiant Defender
    3 Crippling Blow
    1 Enrage
    1 Reinforced Armor

The lone Reinforced Armor is so that you'll never lose to an ally-less Darkclaw player. I won't go into the details of how to play the deck here but it is defensive minded and seems to do fairly well. I'm currently at 378 with it and I don't play that often.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kadun like the build gonna make new acc and try it out

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice build Kadun, when is the best time to use Blood Frenzy? bearing in mind it means you have to win quicker.

Also when weapons come out you will be able to switch to Amber Rain and use 2 weapons.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-03-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
    Nice build Kadun, when is the best time to use Blood Frenzy? bearing in mind it means you have to win quicker.

Also when weapons come out you will be able to switch to Amber Rain and use 2 weapons.
    When weapons come out, the metagame will change and my Skullcrusher deck may not survive. As for now, if going 2nd against Eldawen, play Blood Frenzy T2 if you have it. If not, you want to do something like T2: Valiant Defender, T3: Jasmine/Blake, T4: Aldon/Warbanner. The T4 Aldon/Warbanner is key, because it gives you a re-usable Fireball to take out an early 4 health ally. By T4 you should be able to use Skullcrusher's ability to further gain board control. This is assuming they put down Blake on their T2, if not, you're golden if you can put down your T2 Blake.

If going first, you want board control, so get out your allies first before you Blood Frenzy.
    Last edited by Kadun; 03-03-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In next update smashing blow and the other hero should be pretty good and also would rampage be a good card to use w/ this deck??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hate to rain on you parade but jerico is so hit and miss at the moment you may as well use the other priest with that setup. Though it does seem workable as a deck