Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    haha... a 400 rating... i dont think i will play that many matches in three or four months 1 or 2 points a win with no losses, thats gonna take awhile

this is a hard hitting very fun deck. i didnt put any item destruction in it for a reason. it hurts but the mass damage and direct damage helps lessen that.

the clinging webs are in there because they cost 2. a much needed help in early game in tandom with rain delay. freeze costs 3, last longer and is the better choice from turn 3 on.

im really trying to mitigate the first few turns, which ANNOY the hell out of me

i had gargoyles in the original version but took them out to go all fatties for fun. i made several changes from the original version.

all the suggestions are great ones, i have waited to cast a portal. that was actually an origina; strategy which is still valid. cast a fattie, its most likely gonna get killed, but GB can bring it back.

not worried about board wipes so much either. go ahead, you still have to deal with 2 fatties the very next turn.

retreat slows the deck down a bit

as for dagger of unmaking, go ahead ill even attack you first if you let me, do the 6 damage from a minotaur, it gets bounced back... if i have portal out then, recast... ill be LOL for hours. i also might cast a fattie and bring one out of the grave, you get to pick... (really wish i had access to feedback, that would be something). my advice, if the game last awhile, dont use DU, ill really beat the snot out of you then

CB and CP really hurt but OK, ill just cast more.

the only REAL problem is health. i had SS in there but took them out for room. i decided if i needed them, i was dead anyway.

basically, its just FUN even if i lose, my opponent is probably gonna go, "WOW" not striving for 100% win rate but it will win quite a bit and do it rather spectacularly
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 12-16-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hrm. I can see a truly viable tourney class build in there somewheres but I'm saving that for future comments.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    bout flippin time since i shared the original version with you
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 12-16-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Caitlyn Let me just say Thank you ! When I first saw the deck I was like What the ..., but after reading through the stradegy and everything it completely made sense, I am going to try it out asap (just for fun!) but love the idea, it is different and i love different! the only flaw I see is fighting a Elemental, Mind Control. But all the same it looks fun and that is really what matters!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ikkii View Post
    Caitlyn Let me just say Thank you ! When I first saw the deck I was like What the ..., but after reading through the stradegy and everything it completely made sense, I am going to try it out asap (just for fun!) but love the idea, it is different and i love different! the only flaw I see is fighting a Elemental, Mind Control. But all the same it looks fun and that is really what matters!
    Elem and zal have always been gb's bane
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Elem and zal have always been gb's bane
    Haha I've never really noticed, I usually beat them (though i started playing in 1.26, so i didn't have to deal with the old mind control) But i'll take your word for it. To counter mind controls i usually play a SS and Plasma, I take one damage, and I recursion it back. They mind control it again. i take another 1 damage. I play shadow knight to get it back. They mind control it. I take 3 damage, Three mind controls in a row, I take 5 damage, And if i had portal on the field I can usually pound the enemy ally/ hero pretty good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    actually, thats not a bad idea. i never thought about that. hmm. might be the key for elemental problems. im not so worried about them dying, but the damage they do to me with no heal... not worried about so many MC back to back, but one hurts a lot and two...

i will definately have to think about this, ikkii and im very glad you like the deck

i had the idea about supernova, have maybe 2 of those in the deck... to kill my allies that are CB and CP. its just... mages are so frail. so i put that idea over to hte side for the moment.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 12-17-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ikkii View Post
    Haha I've never really noticed, I usually beat them (though i started playing in 1.26, so i didn't have to deal with the old mind control) But i'll take your word for it. To counter mind controls i usually play a SS and Plasma, I take one damage, and I recursion it back. They mind control it again. i take another 1 damage. I play shadow knight to get it back. They mind control it. I take 3 damage, Three mind controls in a row, I take 5 damage, And if i had portal on the field I can usually pound the enemy ally/ hero pretty good.
    Yeah I don't notice much of an issue either, but when vs elem/zal you have to be VERY careful to not deploy shadow knight.

Seriously.

Just sac them.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    here is a something i need to test out. say im playing a mage and i have a dagger of unsummoning out, and my ally gets MC'ed now, he takes damage from the staff before Mc kills it... what happens?

anyway, im really lovin this deck
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tend to agree with Pete that portal is not crucial to this and would try gargoyle. Yari showed us that GB works great without portal when he won the last crown tournament
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners