Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why making this only for I Pad? -.-
    I own an Iphone and can't try this Assassin's game.Dirty elitist :P
    Shadow Era still #1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I like the game, and the polish is really great to see, it feels like a console title. But the difficulty ramps up very quickly, so don't count on playing long before they want you to shell out more cash for better cards.
    Yeah seems like a money game to me. I played a few online matches and you don't get any credits even if you win. In fact I'm not even sure how you get credits once you've beaten the campaign. Pretty lame in that sense.

Btw Kyle, any plans on redesigning the look of SE? Particularly the in game screen. After playing the AC game, SE certainly looks like its lacking a bit in the polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarta View Post
    Why making this only for I Pad? -.-
    I own an Iphone and can't try this Assassin's game.Dirty elitist :P
    Shadow Era still #1.
    Too much information in the game screen to fit into a phone screen.
    Last edited by Evilkarma; 12-15-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah, but i still like Shadow era. this is a good game
    Crustt - Force Of The Light
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

SE : "Server challenge"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Loving the game so far.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Loving the game so far.
    Are you on top of their richest players list yet?
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatts View Post
    Are you on top of their richest players list yet?
    Loo no just finished tutorial. Give me a month or so :P

Haven't you seen I'm not the richest player no more
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Loving the game so far.
    Wait'll mission......9...or was it 10...I forget...you'll see =P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilkarma View Post
    Too much information in the game screen to fit into a phone screen.
    I see...Hope that future TGC on mobile devices will succed in designing an interface fitting on Iphone and smratphones too :|

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just beat single player mode. Last mission lands you 200 credits.

You can earn 300 credits from multiplayer at most per day. Your third win gets you 100 credits. Then I think it's 5 wins. Then 7. 100 credits after each of those sets of wins. Basically 15 wins a day gets you 300 credits.

Quite a grind. So far I've earned ~2000 credits in the game, so ~20 of the cheap packs I've bought. Starting to get way too many multiples (over 5). I think basically once you've bought like ~30 packs of the 100 credits stuff, you're pretty much forced to buy the 500/900 ones from the better pool of cards. At least my deck has some consistency to it now though.

Overall, after 2 full days of playing this game, I give it a 7/10 because of how difficult it is to get new cards. Otherwise I'd give it 8+ for the sheer volume/variety of cards and decks you can work with. It definitely will make you play until you've got at least 3 wins per day just to grab that 100 credits though. Good game, but won't ever replace Shadow Era, in fact, it isn't even competition at the slightest because of how different the gameplay is.

P.S. I think there's a booster bug when you buy a couple 100 cred packs in a row, you'll start getting packs that are like 12 uncommons and 1 rare, when it should normally be 8 commons, 3 uncommons and 1 rare. Or maybe I got lucky lol.
    Last edited by Evilkarma; 12-16-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Short review:
    I'm in general agreement with what others have posted here. Excellent game, tough to get cards.

Longer review:
    I've never looked into the Assassin's Creed franchise before playing this game, and am pleased to discover the action takes place in renaissance Italy (and nearby) which is one of my favorite settings.

The interface is gorgeous, smooth and easy to use. The art is very nice and consistent. I'm guessing the art is from other games in the franchise. It is good quality but not as catchy as Shadow Era in my opinion.

The game play is great, and shows promise of fairly deep strategy in deck design. The turn timer/simultaneous play takes a bit of getting used to, but after a few games you will settle in just fine--mostly. It solves first turn advantage and game stall problems beautifully, and the game still feels like a card game. The only distraction for me is that certain cards time differently, which makes them hard to predict and play carefully. This only occurs rarely though.

Essentially your goal is to control 2 out of 3 territories in the center of the board. You accomplish this by playing Agent cards and Location cards. The two play quite differently and thus provide some of the depth I mentioned earlier. You also have a third kind of card that accomplishes other effects (destroy enemy cards, boost your own, draw, and so on).

The tutorial and short campaign takes you through 20 scenarios and shows off quite a few of the different deck design possibilities. Magic players will be familiar with some of the strategies (weenie rush, ramp, control, discard/control and so on). Because of the two different tools for board control, there is unfamiliar flavors as well-- ramp into power Locations plays quite a bit different from ramp into powerful Agents. Control players will like this game better than Shadow Era, I think, at least as far as that goes.

The 20 scenarios are fun and challenging puzzles. I beat them with my original cards (although I did tweak the deck a bit), averaging about 2 tries per opponent-- 3 at most, sometimes 1, but the majority consists of 1 game to learn my opponent's strategy, one to win.

Did I mention the game has a mulligan mechanic? Very useful there, since you know what cards you want by game 2.

There are 5 faction colors and a 6th neutral color. You may build your deck out of any two colors + the neutral color. Each color has its own strengths: Green for example are academics (engineers, doctors, and so on). They have bounce effects and (not too surprising) card draw effects. Blue has fear (unblockable agents) and removal. I didn't take notes as I played, so I can't give you the full run down on colors.

The big downside is the price. There seems to be no way to obtain individual cards, so you are limited to boosters. Boosters come in two prices 100 and 900 (and mixed boosters for 500). There is approximately a 5 to 1 price ratio compared to SE, so you can get 5 cheap boosters for about the price of 1 SE booster, or 2 SE boosters for about the price of 1 expensive booster. I'm not sure what the difference between the boosters is-black (criminal) cards though seem to only come from the more expensive booster packs. The lack of way to buy individual cards is a big downside. Even Magic online has a secondary players market.

The game is not going to take the place of SE in my heart, but it is a good game nonetheless. Maybe if the economic system they use improves I'll get into it some more. I haven't tried PVP yet, either. Thanks for the tips there EvilKarma.