Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been keeping tabs on this since it was first revealed on IGN. It's an interesting TCG and this time, I'm not just saying that so I can avoid not mentioning all of the bad points about the game. There are a few limitations to the game though, such as currently being an iPad exclusive title. They mentioned about porting to other platforms but it's only available on the iPad.

Production-wise, it's made by Ubisoft and I think it's the first real iOS and Android TCG to rival Shadow Era in fidelity. Like various other TCGs, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's the verdict guys, worth downloading?
    [CENTER]Shadow Era ETC.
    Exert Total Control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They released a nice a long video of the in-game tutorial, which gives you a good feel for gameplay. That should help in deciding whether to buy the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game screen has far too much information going on that it can't possibly be made for cellphones that's why. The level of detail in the design and aesthetics alone are incredible. No TCG (including Shadow Era) put this much effort into the looks.

As I've explained in the OP about the rules of the game, it's certainly unique. And the initial card set is already huge. *Cough*

The campaign in itself is no walk in the park like SE. In fact, I lost 10 games in a row to one particular AI opponent.

The only issue I have with the game is that because it's in real time, once you've gotten to mid/late game, there's so much going on that it actually makes you think on your feet a lot instead of having a 1 minute timer like SE. Because of how fast you're swinging cards in and out of your hand, some of the fun is actually lost. The other problem is that early game, the "timer" is so damn slow. Luckily they put a game speed button on the side. Hold it and the timer speeds up.

Either way, it's only 0.99 right now, enjoyable long term or not, I'd get it just because it's such a polished TCG.
    Last edited by Evilkarma; 12-15-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, verdict:

A good idea but needs some updating. Do not download this unless you are going to spend money!!!! Without buying templar packs its really hard, and these packs really help you get going. Its a bit cheeky since your paying then already paying again to get cards to play nicely. Overall the cost is more like 5-10 quid if you know what your wanting but there are a lot of cards.
    The gameplay is quite nice the way they have done the cards, but its a large learning curve to be honest and forgetting what the cards do is easy and costs time checking what they do.

For now its 7/10 for me, nice change for se but not really a replacement, more like a refresher for if you get tired of se for a while.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm enjoying the "Story Mode" with just the basic cards + the tutorial cards. I find it is worth 99 cents for that alone, but I don't think I'll be buying any more cards anytime soon.

I'll provide a more thorough review at a later date.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
    I'm enjoying the "Story Mode" with just the basic cards + the tutorial cards. I find it is worth 99 cents for that alone, but I don't think I'll be buying any more cards anytime soon.

I'll provide a more thorough review at a later date.
    Yeah for the 99 cents it is. Sure is a hell of a lot for the credits though. I haven't even bought a single pack of the stuff over 100 creds.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the game, and the polish is really great to see, it feels like a console title. But the difficulty ramps up very quickly, so don't count on playing long before they want you to shell out more cash for better cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like the games, but i think this is like a war game strategy.
    Crustt - Force Of The Light
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

SE : "Server challenge"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good feedback by all

I may try out the story mode, just to see, but can't see myself replacing SE ever!
    [CENTER]Shadow Era ETC.
    Exert Total Control