Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Assassin's Creed Recollection

Anyone play this game yet? It's for iPad only I think. Looks like AC MTG lol
    If you have, any fun?

EDIT:

Okay so after playing through tutorial and tinkering with deck building, this game is works like this:

You have 3 types of cards: agents, spells (action/surprise), and sites.

The playing field is basically shared by you and your opponent. There are 3 "Regions" on the field.

The goal of the game is to control 2 out of 3 regions. You control a region when you score 10 points in that region.

You score points by playing cards in that region: agents and sites.

The game is in "real-time" so it's not turn based. Every card you play from your hand takes half a "day" to resolve. A day is just the game's way of tracking time.

You start the game with 6 cards 1 gold and 2 income.

Gold is basically resources/mana that you spend to play cards. Income is the maximum amount of gold you can have at a time. As the day progresses, your gold and income go up and you draw cards every day. Some cards increase your income instantly.

When you play an agent from your hand, it's placed in "HQ" where it waits to be resolved. Once it is, you can play your agent in any region. Only 2 agents are allowed to be in each region per player. If 2 agents are across from each other, they are in "conflict" or just in attack phase which lasts for half a day before anything happens. Agents have power/toughness. If one agent has a power equal to or greater than the other agent's toughness, the latter is killed. If they're both 1/1s, they both die. In the first scenario, once the conflict is over, the surviving agent(s) are returned to HQ with damage being permanent where they await half a day before they can be played on the field again. If you place an agent in a region with no opposing agents to defend for half a day, you score the amount of points equal to that agent's attack and the agent is returned to your HQ just like a conflict. Remember, first to 10 in a region takes that region. Also, some agents have one time abilities or activated abilities that may cost gold to activate.

Sites are cards you place in any region. They too have a point or attack basically. But they are never "exhausted" and returned to HQ/hand like agents. If you place a site with a value of 1 in a region, that site scores you 1 point every day. If the opponent places a site in the same region with a score of 1, both sites collide and they're both destroyed. If they place a site that's a value of 2, then it becomes 1 after they conflict. Once you place a site in a region, you can stack the site values with another site on top of it. So if the first site you play is 1 and it finishes resolving, you can stack another site card in that region as well and the values are added.

Lastly, there are spell cards basically. All spells resolve pretty much instantly, or like 1/20th of a day's time. They're meant for you to play as a reaction to your opponent's cards. So you might have a spell that's like 1 gold: target agent gets +1/+1. So say one of your agents (2/2) just got into a "conflict" with an opposing agent (2/2), conflicts take half a day's time to end. If you play the +1/+1 spell on your 2/2, then your agent will survive and be returned to your HQ as a 1/1 while the opposing agent is destroyed.

As for deck building, each deck must contain a minimum of 50 cards. 5 copies max of each card. And your deck must only comprise of 2 types (there are 5 total).

I think that covers everything. There are a couple other static abilities agents have, but not really important in understanding the game. One thing I forgot to mention, both players HQ are revealed.

Oh the game has a single player campaign that lasts a couple hours with each victory giving you cards and some credits (not replayable for rewards though). Online multiplayer. And a store to buy boosters with credits.
    Last edited by Evilkarma; 12-14-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    is there MTC for Assassin's Creed??
    Crustt - Force Of The Light
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

SE : "Server challenge"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Skimmed over a review after seeing this thread. Not intrigued at all either. They mentioned the game not being turn based, but instead both sides play in tandem. Also saw something about their version of allies taking possibly up to half a day to be ready to attack. I stopped reading immediately after I saw that.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/12/12/as...n-ipad-review/

Looks interesting, shame I can't put it on my phone.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    Skimmed over a review after seeing this thread. Not intrigued at all either. They mentioned the game not being turn based, but instead both sides play in tandem. Also saw something about their version of allies taking possibly up to half a day to be ready to attack. I stopped reading immediately after I saw that.
    Pretty sure it's not literal days. 'turns' are referred to as 'days' in the game.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Regardless, a card game that isn't turn based just seems gimmicky to me.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im downloading it to try.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just downloaded. About to play now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilkarma View Post
    I just downloaded. About to play now.
    Well Im already playing - so there.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    Well Im already playing - so there.
    I assume you've finished the 3 part tutorial. I don't understand the "types". What is "official" and "cunning"? And do you even get any cards in the red/black/purple types?

Edit: oh I think I get it...so there's 5 types of agents, your deck can only consist of 2.

EDIT: Just wrote an explanation of the game for those who might be interested. Was explaining it to my friend anyway.
    Last edited by Evilkarma; 12-14-2011 at 11:36 PM.