4x Rampage
    4x Evil Ascendant
    4x Contaminated Water
    4x Bazaar

4x Snow Sapphire
    4x Armor of Ages

4x Mournblade
    4x Berserker's Edge

discussion on the DP version starts at this post: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post352936

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Latest (non DP) Version

Solo Ter Adun
    (39+1 cards)

4x dual wield
    2x smashing blow
    4x crippling blow
    3x rampage
    4x evil ascendant
    4x bazaar
    2x bad santa
    4x snow sapphire
    4x violet thunderstorm or Armor of Ages
    4x mournblade
    4x berserkers edge

thats a 40 card deck... you can also add (but do not take out anything) 3-4 shield bash

---------------------------------------------------

before i get into this, i want to thank 2 people.

one, thanks to poopster for the original concept

two, thanks to GS for letting me beat on him with it against various opposing decks

i wasnt going to post this deck but i decided too. mainly because of the matches i played in the tournament and gauntlet, the deck can easily be reverse engineered. (mainly from the gauntlet matches with rayzie)

i was after two goals when i created this deck... one was to have a highly competative deck that was my own (even though i lost the first round of the tournament and gauntlet, i accomplished this). two was to create the single most ANNOYING stall deck ever to shut up all you people complaining about Darkclaw, which i dont get why you do. (i accomplished this in spades).

there is a third which i am always trying do and thats to alter the game meta even if its only a little. not sure if i am doing this yet with any deck ive created but ive been having fun. some of you hate stall decks but they suit my style of play. which really isnt to annoy, i want longer matches. i do not like a match that ends by the beginning of turn 5, where is the skill in that? i do not like death racing at all and i believe, that if this problem isnt confronted, shadowera could be ruined by it. i understand the desire for quicker matches because of mobile platforms. but a 15 minute match should be fine, even 20 minutes. the biggest problem with longer matches, isnt the game itself, its players who stall their turns, "thinking" but mainly to annoy the opposing player into making mistakes or quitting because they cant play longer.

ANYWAY, here is my deck:

Caitlyn's Solo Ter Adun 45

4x dual wield
    3x smashing blow
    2x enrage
    4x crippling blow
    2x rampage
    4x evil ascendant
    3x bazaar
    4x bad santa
    4x snow sapphire
    3x violet thunderstorm
    3x armor of ages
    2x dimension ripper
    4x berserkers edge
    2x uprooted tree

the main strategy is to set up and survive the first 5 turns. then stall them while beating them to death with weapons.

dual wield: 4 of them to help you maintain a constant weapon but more for the damage boost. bring a weapon back with DW, then cast another DW and the weapon gets +2

smashing blow: SURPRISE... haha. yes, extra item destruction for a Ter deck. why not shadowfont? two reasons, one, its cost less in resources even though it is limited in targets. two: the main reason, being able to destroy two 5/6cc items in 1 turn with a minimal loss of tempo for you... but a HUGE one for your opponent (blow up their KP and BE in one turn, wow)

enrage: do i need to explain

crippling blow: this does require a bit explaination, this isnt an early turn card except in EXTREME emergencies. when playing another shadow deck, its for gargoyle and bad wolf 95% of the time. gargoyle isnt affected by EA at all and with its damage reduction, is a huge loss of damage potentional from your weapons that is better suited applying to hero. againsgt humans, its most for those allies you cant touch (like stealthed) and sandworms. any other use is almost a complete waste of this card in this deck

rampage: key card. EA slowly killes them while your armor protects you and you regain health, simple as that

bazaar: why no BF? simple really, one, this is a long term stall deck, you do not want to be losing 1 health per turn. second, you only need draw early to help you get established, after that, you rarely need it. at that point, destroy it. you do not even need it against warriors once you reach mid game.

bad santa: need an armor or weapon or another EA... use BS

Snow Sapphire: best control armor out there

Violet Thunderstorm: that one damage is INVALUABLE... highly underated card

Armor of Ages: major delay tactic while EA kills off their allies. not as good as SS and VT in this deck... at the moment. if they fix the AoA/Mournblade bug, that HUGELY changes... if they ever fix it. i didnt know about the bug when i first built this deck but AoA stayed.

Dimensional Ripper: this card has two functions in this deck and SHOULD NOT be used in any other capacity (i lost the first match against Rayzie because i didnt follow this strategy, which i created... stupid me) ONE: use it when playing mages and use it a lot, bring it back with dual wield. steal as much burn from them as possible and use it against them. TWO: (and this is where i failed in that first match against Rayzie) do not use it at all, hold it in your hand, hold both of them in your hand... UNTIL, your deck runs out. then use it to steal your opponents cards while keeping yours filled at 7. this is a VERY effective tactic at the end of a match. i lost track of how many turns i went "deckless" against GS's elementalis deck. he won but was down to just one card in his deck and i had run out of armor.

Berserkers Edge: your main gun. try to get it out on turn 5, and bring it back with dual wield as often as possible. with 4 BE and 4 DW, you can have 8 of these in one match

Uprooted Tree: mainly here as extra damage. the idea is too always have a weapon and armor. took mournblades place when the AoA bug killed that strategy. why uprooted over JD? simple, i dont need the resource boost and the ignore armor could be an advantage. (i may still take them out and replace them with Mournblade. it still gains damage. will definately replace them with MB when the bug is fixed)

weaknesses: huge weakness against BURN. once i figure out how to deal with that or we get cards that prevent, lessen burn, this will decrease, A LOT. major but not huge weakness. weenie rush. this can be mitigated somewhat. get EA early along with an enrage and then rampage... if you can do that and survive to that point... you win, mid game weenies stand no chance. death racing needs to go. its a pain in the butt for strategy and its not consistant enough to be overly viable. all you get is a small boost from being able to say i killed someone in 5 turns. another weakness: extremely high resource curve can cause problems in early game.

strengths. way too many to list.

my tournament against Mojumbo: i didnt use this deck. i used the 40 card variant thinking that would mitigate draw failure. but it had the opposite effect. the first match, i actually got set up properly, then i started drawing "clumps" of cards i already had in play. this wouldnt have been such a big problem if i had board control, but i did not. not too mention Mojumbo was playing a very nice moonstalker deck with BURN... protecting Deathmages and Plasma Behemoths with moons ability. i was doing OK, not great, in that first match when draw failure hit. he dropped a second PB and i hadnt gotten rid of the first one yet and it was over. (i also made a huge mistake, but i dont think anyone would notice except me... maybe Mojumbo did, i dont know) the second match, draw failure from the beginning. but good matches and congrats to Mojumbo. why am i even talking about this... my deck failed. i thought dropping some cards to 3 and going with 40 cards would help ease draw failure. and i was wrong, 45 cards is better to spread out the cards more. hugely decreasing draw failure.

the GAUNTLET: vs Rayzies Gwen. i used this 45 card varient. AWESOME matches. i highly recommend them to anyone to watch (except Rayzie, even though he won the best of 3, he was the one who had to go through it) and i apologize to Rayzie for being the first to experience this deck at its full force when he didnt have that much time to play. the first match, my deck worked almost perfectly. i lost because i didnt follow my own strategy. Rayzie already mentioned this in his post in the Gauntlet thread. i used dimension ripper before i ran out of cards. i was stupid and basically threw the game away because of it. why? he got one of my smashing blows... and it was the key to him winning that first match. he took out my armor and i lost... and i had him at 4 or 5.

the second match... was absolute perfection.

the third match, was a slow failure to draw one key card. EA, i didnt get it until it was mostly too late and he overwhelmed me.

but great matches Rayzie, i thoroughly enjoyed them.

but overall, the 45 card version has less draw failure than the 40. i might try a 50 but i dont know what to add and that would also decrease the chance to get EA early. and make it almost impossilbe to get enrage and rampage.

but i LOVE this deck... and anyone who complains about DC, might have to deal with this one.

PS: GS, now you can talk about it

PSS: HEY DEVs... ill play this deck less if you change Elementalis back

PSSS: Solo Logan will follow soon... still testing it out.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 03-17-2013 at 02:56 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    reservededed
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Despite of Hating you,I love ur ideas......

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    haha... thanks, i guess... hate you too
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great idea. Have u test this deck against allyless DC? How long the match lasted

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Was just entertaining a Ter Adun solo deck and waited and waited for you or poopster to respond to his mindless mill. Now I see why no response. Looks damn good. Didnt consider VT in mine sort of read between the lines on the other thread but will switch the AOA I have and go violent!!! Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This deck would obliterate most DC.

It's TER ADUN. Hello?
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @IcyNova: against allyless DC decks, the match takes as long as i like haha. (thats funny, but its not a joke)

eventhough its designed to take on allies, solo heroes dont really stand much of a chance, as GS said, its Ter Adun. item destruction, means no kind of protection whatsoever. no rain delay, no full moon, no lone wolf, no armor, no weapons... well, you get the point

@Ecclesiast: and yeah, i posted the beginnings of this deck in that thread... then 30 minutes later deleted it. it was good, really good and i wanted to use it in the tourney so i wanted it secret. so i deleted it. poopster and i have exchanged a couple of messages. i dont know why he didnt keep the thread going though. sorry for the delay in not posting in that thread

@GS, hahahaha... you are sounding like me... "It's TER ADUN. Hello?" hahahaha.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 12-14-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No biggie. Glad you posted it. For the few Ter Adun fans out here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    of which i am one he was my second favorite in 1.27 and has become my all around favorite since then
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory