Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    He cant bring back Reserve Weapon. Only attachments.
    you are right, i was just looking at the list for warrior cards, its only crippling blow and rampage, which are the main ones i want back

Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    I think solo decks are so low :-)
    wouaaa
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I gave this deck a try because it looked so incredibly compelling. Unfortunately I lost 25 games in a row and my rating dropped down to "just started playing" level. I'd just like to know if I missed something in the gameplay strategy.

I think the main problem is that you need the perfect combo in the field to win, and that rarely happens. Enrage is the big one: if I don't get that within the first 6 turns, the game is over right away. If I play against Jericho, or if the opponent has spectral sabre (almost everyone does now), enrage is useless and it's game over automatically. Without that enrage I don't see how you can take that initial damage (10-15 points, usually) that the opponent dishes out in the first 5 turns while you set up the stall strategy. Also, evil ascendant and weapons are equally crucial. I've lost countless games for getting evil ascendant out on turn 6 as opposed to turn 3 because I didn't draw it soon enough.

Another issue is mournblade and armor of ages. These cards are strong when used together. But apart, they are dead cards. I don't know what Mournblade can do for me if there are 5 allies in decent health on the field (a scenario that happens often, esp. against warriors). I have to wait for Evil Ascendant to slowly kill them in order to even use the weapon, and if I'm alive by the end I'd have to waste its durability killing the opponent's allies before they kill me. Armor of Ages is equally useless in that situation because even though its 6 durability seems impressive, against 3 or more allies it cannot even stall for 2 turns.

Before my rating dropped drastically and I started losing to opponents in the 150 rating group, I was playing against skilful mid-200 level burn decks. They would destroy me in a matter of seconds. I don't even have a clue how this deck could survive against the onslaught, especially because in many burn decks the opponent uses few allies, and so neutralizes Enrage indirectly.

I love this deck and I am fully aware the failure is entirely mine. But I can't see how this can beat even the most elementary, low 100-level warrior deck. And I'd love some advice on how to play it.

EDIT: I did read the first four pages of the thread very carefully, so the losses weren't for lack of attention to the original strategy explanations
    Last edited by Lodovik1; 07-19-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i hope you meant rampage, not enrage.

it is a difficult deck to master and DP has made it a bit harder to win. but its still possible (but not likely at all below 250 rating or so, too too many rush decks)

there isnt much more advice i can give that has been given in this thread and Preybird's. you could try dropping the contaminated water and adding shield bash. but there is really not much that can beat him when he is set and rolling.

you could also drop 2 AoA and 2 Mournblade to get the count dow to 40+1, that might help your consistancy. or you can convert and go a bit more old school. drop the mournblades and AoA and add 4 violet thunderstorms (with 2-4 dragon teeth). Punisher's Gauntlet is an option as well.

if you used enrage, DON'T, it is a very dead card now. use the rampage and NEVER sac them. and yes, Rampage, Evil Ascendant and the Weapons (and Armors) are CRUCIAL, i never hid that fact. you dont get them and set up by turn 5 or 6, you are done. nothing i can do about that. but once you are set up... WOW

i am sorry about your rating, i wish you would of come here and posted before you lost 25 games in a row and are at beginning ratings. its almost impossible in those low ratings to win. way too many weenies and rush decks. but even so, if you can survive that initial onslaught and have at least 15 or so health, you can still win against those rush decks.

the best thing to do is go on irc and ask some people there to play and practice with the deck in created games so you dont lose ratings.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 07-19-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for your excellent advice. I think I didn't realize how old the deck was, and that it was made without dark prophecies in mind. All the same its a lot of fun to play. I'll make sure I follow your advice--and yes I did mean rampage, not enrage. And I'd also like to add sorry if it seemed like a complaining kind of post, it wasn't and I don't care about the rating, I just wanted to find a way to make this deck's combo work more consistently because it's extremely entertaining to play!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    its fine always glad to help.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks awesome, been searching for a fun ter deck maybe i'll give this a try. But first, farm some gold >->

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the deck that made her famous and started a REALLY nasty trend of solo stall decks outside of moonstalker that lasts to this day