Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How's the deck holding up in 1.29 with the new weps? Im trying it out now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there, thanks to OP for making the post, and I really appreciate reading it, however I'm a beginner with banebow and I wanted to ask - isn't banebow's main advantage that he has good early board control?

Therefore, if you have no 1cc / 2cc allies and so a 3cc ally will be your first ally onto the board, don't you risk not getting board control at all, especially if they already have an ally down before your turn 3, and a nuke ready by turn 4?

In other words, how successful is this deck in laying down a gargoyle in turn 3 and having it survive to turn 4 when you can use (ally) + (ability) combo?

Myself, I would usually play banebow with 4 brutes and 2 flayers to be sure to get the early board control...

Thanks if you can discuss or explain a little more.
    Farq the Orc.
    Last edited by FarqTheOrc; 01-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back..

I loved Bane back in v1.26-27.. I'll have to give this a try..
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    Hi there, thanks to OP for making the post, and I really appreciate reading it, however I'm a beginner with banebow and I wanted to ask - isn't banebow's main advantage that he has good early board control?

Therefore, if you have no 1cc / 2cc allies and so a 3cc ally will be your first ally onto the board, don't you risk not getting board control at all, especially if they already have an ally down before your turn 3, and a nuke ready by turn 4?

In other words, how successful is this deck in laying down a gargoyle in turn 3 and having it survive to turn 4 when you can use (ally) + (ability) combo?

Myself, I would usually play banebow with 4 brutes and 2 flayers to be sure to get the early board control...

Thanks if you can discuss or explain a little more.
    Farq the Orc.
    Yes a turn 3 gargoyle is indeed crippling but it isn't necessarily game typically I counter with either my own or a medusil (medusil preferred)

Opponent turn 3 gargoyle
    My turn three ability plus medusil. Gargoyle takes 1 dmg.
    Opponents turn four they summon something to fight for board control and usually attack banebow.
    My turn four I shadow font and use ability on both monsters kill gargoyle with medusil.

Then turn five I would want to play a soulseeker (and this is ideal also.)

My reasoning against brutal. All it would do is soak up 4 dmg from my hero at the begging and it woul only be saving 4 damage and it is useless against gargoyle. Also I would just sac them late game unless I am going for a blood lust rush.

My reasoning against dark flayer Is answered in one card deathmage Thaddeus. Because of that single cars I replaced them with keldors from my orignal draft. If you want to try them out and see how they fair then I would replace keldors. Also dark flyers would help with a turn three gargolye.