Close

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love how you guys ignore the fact I just said Darkclaw's ability was changed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Darkclaw's ability is already changed.
    from what to what?
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piña Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love how you guys ignore the fact I just said Darkclaw's ability was changed.
    His ability change isn't really relevant to why he is a "hero of interest" now.

Also him being changed was primarily due to all heroes being changed from passive to active as far as i can tell. And quite frankly, for a solo deck, his new ability seems superior to his old one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Currently they are testing this I believe.. If this hits live I'm unsure.

3SE: Until the start of your next turn, Darkclaw deals +2 damage with weapons and receives half damage.

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

3SE: Until the start of your next turn, Darkclaw deals +2 damage with weapons and receives half damage.
    That would be an improvement in balance compared to his current state, though +2 for 3SE borders on too strong in my opinion. And that goes for any hero.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    That would be an improvement in balance compared to his current state, though +2 for 3SE borders on too strong in my opinion. And that goes for any hero.
    I think it's necessary. Currently he only survives due to the stall. Without the immunity he will just fall over and die. Not to mention.. The drop from 4 to 3 means its only one extra use every 12 turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well... i suppose i would consider this a nerf... i think? I mean you would be able to kill off his non teeth weapons a lot easier with mobs... and be able to deal at least some damage so you wouldn't have to wait for his weak points.. and deal safe damage to him after you destroy his weapon...

It is at least a step in the right direction. I think it will make it easier for ally users to kill him, and harder for mages to kill him.

I think it's necessary. Currently he only survives due to the stall. Without the immunity he will just fall over and die. Not to mention.. The drop from 4 to 3 means its only one extra use every 12 turns.
    Quite frankly, shadowfont will be significantly better for DC with 3 SE cost vs 4 in many situations. +2 damage seems like too much, but +1 seems like too little. I think i would make it +1 against heros and +2 against allies, or visa vera.
    The only reason he is surviving due to stall, is because of the way wulven / shadow cards are designed. Having that ability with a solid ally deck would be nuts.
    I love the fact that shadow era can be updated, but the design team has to be careful as well. We don't need heroes changing every single patch when new cards are added. Quite frankly i think all heroes should be nerfed across the board so that they aren't as strong of a presence to allow card production to develop smoothly. Add stronger heroes when more cards are available.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 12-27-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    can this thread die now? you all complained and complained and complained and complained... so kyle insisted on a change. 3se for half damage rounded down and +2. this is what we are gonna test.

now DC is pissed and he is going to eat you all.

have a nice day

(ps: stall wasnt the only way to play him. and some ways he was stronger. the stall build is just the one that made the rounds.)
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It always happens Cait. People complain like little bitches all day long because they can't come up with counters or see the bigger picture and the knee jerk reaction is to just nerf shit to the ground until people find something else to bitch about.

Has happened in every version - first Elad, then Zaladar, then Elementalis, then Majiya, now Darkclaw.

Warriors will be next, I'm sure of it.

Instead of frequently nerfing we should be lobbying for faster card releases or buffing previously useless cards so that people have more options to counter different strong tactics
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    It always happens Cait. People complain like little bitches all day long because they can't come up with counters or see the bigger picture and the knee jerk reaction is to just nerf shit to the ground until people find something else to bitch about.

Has happened in every version - first Elad, then Zaladar, then Elementalis, then Majiya, now Darkclaw.

Warriors will be next, I'm sure of it.

Instead of frequently nerfing we should be lobbying for faster card releases or buffing previously useless cards so that people have more options to counter different strong tactics
    +1
    Especially in DC's case. Most people agree that's he's not OP, even the people who do most of the complaining about him. Why are we wasting time and resources changing a hero that some players find boring? I'd much rather see better cards for hunters and rogues than this.
    Bacon Berserker of Shadow Era, ETC. Eat. That. Cholesterol.

Read my strategy article, Health is a resource!

Winner of Shadow Era's First Community Flavor Contest! Radiant sunlight and Poor quality