Close

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Darkclaw=overpowered

When you play against a Darkclaw ally-less deck, there's no way you can win. When what big teeth, speed strike, lone wolf are used amongst other cards that will kill your allies or turn them against you, there is no stopping him. Also with continued use of shadow font, he keeps regenerating his shadow energy and will never be hurt. The other wulven hero, can't remember his name right now, has a power up that only stops the opposing team from hurting his team that round. When the team is only Darkclaw and his ridiculous power ups, his ability is the same as the other wulven hero except he can also not be hurt when allies or heroes defend his attacks, and his attacks get +2. This doesn't make much sense... I propose that you do at least one of the following things to make Darkclaw less powerful: Raise the cost of his ability, lower his health, put a durability count on "what big teeth," or just change his ability to something less ridiculous. Honestly, it's not fun to play Darkclaw when people know how to exploit his absurdity.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even your fantastic fucking name couldn't motivate me to read that textNebraska
    "The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -- Almost Famous

"Look at your fine self. You look like you should be married to one of the San Diego Padres." -- Tracy Morgan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The secret to beating Darkclaw is to build up an army while hes spamming his ability and then use item destruction, like Shriek of Vengeance, to destroy his full moon/rain delay. Typically, you only need to hit Darkclaw really hard all at once to defeat him.
    Proud member of the Shadow Era Design Team
    Love and Peace!
    Former Physical World Champion
    Card Advantage 101

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are ways to win, so saying 'there is no way you can win' is incorrect.

With some heroes it's virtually impossible yes, but you CAN tune decks to beat him.

If you want a deck especially for him focus on these things: Use armor to stall his damage. Use Good Ascendant to keep your allies alive and kill those Evil Ascendants, and build a board presence. Once you have enough allies to kill him in one or two turns, use Shriek of Vengeance or Misplaced to remove his protection for a turn and hit him hard.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was once invincible, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The theory of memetics holds that humans have evolved in a peculiar way more as hosts for memes than anything else. How else that we would die for a cause or construct huge monuments to dead kings or invent flying machines?

I think Drakkon might just provide the proof.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojumbo View Post
    The secret to beating Darkclaw is to build up an army while hes spamming his ability and then use item destruction, like Shriek of Vengeance, to destroy his full moon/rain delay. Typically, you only need to hit Darkclaw really hard all at once to defeat him.
    Jonathan strange vs icudrankmy40 to see that strategy in action

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    I was once invincible, then I took an arrow in the knee.
    And it bounced...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan strange View Post
    Jonathan strange vs icudrankmy40 to see that strategy in action
    As you showed that strategy can work, but really only if the DC player isn't using Evil Ascendant (which every DC should run -- watching your game should prove that ti them). Great job using Lance tho, cool to see under-used heroes in action!
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    As you showed that strategy can work, but really only if the DC player isn't using Evil Ascendant (which every DC should run -- watching your game should prove that ti them). Great job using Lance tho, cool to see under-used heroes in action!
    Very true, although if he had used it I had a stop thief waiting to take it away