2x Golden Katar

Optionals to get to 40 cards:
    Into the Forest
    Tracking
    Shadowspawn
    Night Prowler
    Crimson Vest

Banebow's ability does fast low damage, good for aggression. Combined with:
    Evil Ascendent, Gargoyle, Bad Wolf and Arrows make for good board control.

Crimson Vest and Soul Seeker are great to heal.

Night Prowler and weapons can steal enemy technology (If you have Tracking you know when it's worth it to play this combo)

The objective is to hold the board, then beat your opponent with constant small damages from Banebow, weapons and allies.

You need the item destruction for annoying things that can cripple this deck like WhatBigTeeth, Curse, enemy Golden Katar or King's Pride.

Shadowspawn works great because Banebow's ability costs 3 SE. Usually Zaladar (any hero with an ability cost more than 3 SE) would beat Banebow with his stronger ability, but when you can use yours and then Shadowspawn to deny his, you are in good shape! You can also use this when you think a hero with a weapon ability and lots of stored shadow energy is going to get a weapon soon.

Thaddeus is my favorite Shadow Ally, and even though he dies to Ascendant, Dima got me hooked on DMT because of how good it is for early control (http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....dow-m-conveyor). So I need at least 1. You can trade more in for Bad Wolfs, but I found Bad Wolf works best in the longer games with Ascendant.

Plasma Behemoth is the strongest shadow ally so I included some. PB does not care about Ascendent because he has 5 health, and by the time he dies from it you can do lots 7 damage per turn (ouch!) PB is one of the only effective ways in this deck to deal with allies like Sandworm and Aeon.

If your enemy takes the board, you can use Golden Katar, Arrows/EA + Banebow ability to chip away at their allies while you take it back. Forest has saved me more than once in this situation.

Remember, the small numbers add up quickly!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now I ask for advice from the hunters out there:

So far this deck is fun, but it has some major problems.

I can't seem to beat Elad with it. Elad early control and then fast burn seem too much for a deck like this to handle.

Warriors (obviously) and Priests also are very tough matches.

Priests can kill all my items, wipe the board and delay until they get big creatures out which are hard to deal with (Sandworm/Aeon/Raven) then heal.

Any advice for Banebow to win these matches?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Against Eladwen:
    Remove her early allies fast – Brute and Death Mage are your best bet, so i'd add 4 of both.
    Have a Soul Seeker ready in case she keeps drawing/playing allies (or has one remaining to heal up on.)
    If she doesn't play more allies you don't always need to play SS asap and can play some of your own allies instead. (Not knowing whether or not you have a SS in hand will make her more inclined to risk giving you fodder.)
    After a Supernova keep threatening her with hard-hitters. I'd recommend Shadow Knights to not run out of threats and Plasma Bs because, well, they're the best.

Warriors: Hardest match-up by far, but here's what you can do:
    Keep (somewhat) countering Blood Frenzy with Bad Santas.
    Gargoyles often don't perform so well against warriors (Boris' ability, Crippling Blow, Amber with Jeweler's Dream and a 3-drop remove a gargoyle just as easy as a 3/4 ally).
    Try not to sac' Plasma Bs and Death Mages - since they can't be crippled they are harder to get a hold of once you have established them.
    Shadowspawn is good stuff against Boris.
    Against Logan i'd recommend 40x Into the Forest or waiting for new cards to protect your allies with. Otherwise you need to have a good start and he has to have a very bad start (like no gargoyles, weapons, crippling blows). Shadowspawn can again help you maintain a good board position, but since Logan's ability only cost 3 you need to go first and won't be able to continuously use it after turn 4 without burning your own shadow energy.
    Against Amber shrieks can take down Jeweler's Dream, but should be used with care. It's also often better to try and swarm her early- to mid-game. By rule of thumb 2 + 3-drop > 5-drop until she has used some of her retreats and crippling blows.

Priests:

Generally, you're the one who threatens and they have to keep you off, meaning it's more important not to run out of threats than not to run out of board control.
    Don't overextend your hand. If you have 2 allies play, have a soul seeker in hand in case those allies won't get waved.
    Plasma B on the table + Death Mage in hand kills Aeon.
    A combination of the allies you should have in play before Raven hits the board, arrows, soul seeker and your ability should be enough to remove her. If you already have Plasma or Knight in play she's practically meaningless until your opponent manages to get rid of these threats first.
    Armored Sandworm is bad news, most of the time i'd say ignore it and force a tidal wave. Be prepared for King's Pride though (Acid Jet). Good news is that few people bother with Sandworms when there are so many rush & burn decks out there.

Some cards you should get rid of imo:

Evil Ascendant, all of them.
    1x Shriek
    Bazaar
    Surprise attack unless you run a lot of 2-drops
    Golden Katar
    Into the Forest, Tracking, Night Prowler, Crimson Vest (You've listed them under “optional”, but they are not even that imo.)
    Last edited by Sisyphos; 12-12-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good ideas from sisyphos. The man got into the v1.27 finals with a Banebow so he knows his stuff.

Against Eladwen, Wrath of the Forest helps. When she perform a board wipe your hand will be filled.

WoTF is not that good against Logan and Priests though. bazaar/ bad Santa helps more.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I were playing Banebow in the current meta I would play with creature rush and item destruction. Could look like that:

4x Fire Snake
    4x Carniboar
    4x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Shadow Knight

3x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Acid Jet
    3x Death Trap / Shadowspawn

4x Wrath of the forest
    4x Soul Seeker

Probably need some tweeking but sound pretty solid.
    Last edited by Melph; 12-14-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I try the deck above and it's working fine. I use the Shadowspawn instead and Death Trap but both have their advantage. Death Trap would do a great 4 turn drop when going second to help you get board control but Shadowspaw kills a lot of strategy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Against Logan i'd recommend 40x Into the Forest or waiting for new cards to protect your allies with."
    do you mean 4x?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no, he was being facetious sayin that logan is too much to handle.