Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor and "Hunter Cards"

Victor's ability does not grab Soul Seeker -- a Hunter-only bow -- from your graveyard. Is this intended? SS sure seems like a "Hunter Card" to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The wording isn't really as good as it can be, but Victor only returns hunter cards, as in hunter abilities and traps. No weapons. It would be a bit too powerful if he could, don't you think?

If you want to return Weapons, you can just use Lily Rosecult instead.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm, that's weird. I thought he could.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As iClispse said use a Lily to return your bows and armour. Also gives you some board presence at the same time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lily also returns traps because they are classed as items

Hope this adds to the confusion.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, I don't think it would be too powerful when compared to the T1 hero abilities. And it would make sense -- if the only class that can use a card is the hunter class, then it's a hunter card (see the picture at the top right of the card).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    No, I don't think it would be too powerful when compared to the T1 hero abilities. And it would make sense -- if the only class that can use a card is the hunter class, then it's a hunter card (see the picture at the top right of the card).
    I also think it would not be too OP. I haven't see any victor deck in QM since a long time
    Elder TJ

1.25 - Majiya, Elementalis 1.26 - Jericho, Amber, Gwen 1.27 - Boris, Majiya, Jericho, Gwen 1.28 - Eladwen, Logan, Amber
    1.29 - Logan, Amber, Eladwen, Moonstalker 1.30 - Gravebone, Banebow, Lance 1.50 - Lance, Majiya, Eladwen

IGN: TJ Ace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Should I add that Victor can also reduce any (ANY) ally's HP to 1? So... Aeon's HP drop to 1, retrieve a SS, cast it and kill Aeon + heal 3.
    Awesome, but really too powerful.
    Oh, and BTW: you can see that a card is a Hunter card from the writing on the center/left... traps, abilities and items are marked as "hunter trap", "hunter ability" and "hunter item"; weapons are marked as "hero weapon" and armors as "hero armors".
    I hope this helps making things clearer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it makes him powerful, i like the change to happen. As it stands now, Viktor is really under-used. Same thing with baduruu
    Elder TJ

1.25 - Majiya, Elementalis 1.26 - Jericho, Amber, Gwen 1.27 - Boris, Majiya, Jericho, Gwen 1.28 - Eladwen, Logan, Amber
    1.29 - Logan, Amber, Eladwen, Moonstalker 1.30 - Gravebone, Banebow, Lance 1.50 - Lance, Majiya, Eladwen

IGN: TJ Ace

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Victor's ability is very powerful - as I mentioned somewhere before, I think both Logan and Victor were balanced against the old 1.28 Boris, who could kill any ally for 4 SE. All he lacks is a decent card pool. His major problem is that he can only deal ally damage to the opponent (plus the occasional unbuffed Soul Seeker, with no way of getting through an armor). As long as they can kill all his allies and put up a Snow Sapphire, he's in big trouble.