Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please, I implore you to increase the lost connection timer!

I usually play on my iPad using wifi (something just feels right about playing on a touch screen). Unfortunately, this tends to result in a fair number of forfeits due to temporarily losing my wifi connection -- which, when lost, seems to take 20-40 seconds to reconnect. Please, please, please increase the timer to 45 or 60 seconds before forfeit due to connection issues.

It is bizarre to me that if I walk away from the game for a minute (e.g. wife is nagging; to get another scotch; or wife is nagging because I'm getting another scotch), I can return and complete my turn or, worst case scenario, forfeit the remainder of my turn. If, by contrast, I lose connection while actively playing, I have only thirty seconds to run around my house, screaming incoherently, while furiously swinging the iPad through the air and trying to adjust settings in order to regain connection (my wife gets a kick out of this and our dog looks at me like I've lost my mind).

Give us a little more time to regain connection. The turn timer can continue to run to ensure that this does not negatively affect our opponent in any way.

Thanks!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    If, by contrast, I lose connection while actively playing, I have only thirty seconds to run around my house, screaming incoherently, while furiously swinging the iPad through the air and trying to adjust settings in order to regain connection (my wife gets a kick out of this and our dog looks at me like I've lost my mind).
    I've been in the same situation, but AT WORK! During a meeting! How can I possibly play inconspicuously with only a 30-second lost-connection timer?!?!

Seriously though, given that letting your turn timer run down usually just ends your turn, I don't see why the connection-timer enforces a stricter time limit and gives the game to your opponent if the time runs out.

Maybe it is actually giving you longer, but it only shows the last 30 seconds? If that's the case, then I think it would be more helpful to alert you sooner and show the full duration.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why do you get the connect icon so much? Try placing yourself a bit closer to your router. I don't encounter any problems here, and I just use my iPod.

And btw: I love your humorous post lol!
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to OP, sometimes shit hapens and 30 second is too short to restart a wifi connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I was soundly defeated by b0hater 1-2. Nicely done!
    Team Juggernauts ELDER
    Winner of TLOTpSGR 1.28 Tournament
    PFGs member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Why do you get the connect icon so much? Try placing yourself a bit closer to your router. I don't encounter any problems here, and I just use my iPod.

This is on your ipod now?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Certain frequent playing locations (couch near gas fireplace; toilet; back yard by smoker and grill) get spotty reception despite being fairly close to the router.

Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 as well. I play on my iPhone. Fortunately for me when I lose my wifi connection, I immediately turn it off and it switches over to 3G within 3 seconds lol. But I'm getting an iPad (wifi version) soon and I am going to hate this problem.