Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have experimented some more using resurrections in place of some ghost makers. Even if you have only 2 allies dead (which is quite a few if you only have 8 in your deck!) having them back to the top of your pile ready to replay is very useful - and it is only 3 mana...

I want to try a combination of resurrection, bad santa and worm/erika - Now that is a great T10 combination....

I am still struggling to make it to T10 against good players - they can always pay at least a 3 CC ally after I Tidal Wave - if it is a Jasmine I am screwed - if I play my worm/Erika it will get controlled immediately. I find myself reasonably often having to double tidal wave.

The other option is TW T6 not 5, then worm and retreat their ally T7 but even then if they then summon a 4 health ally It is possible my worm wont be able to kill it if armour is not out....

Maybe the inclusion of Erika deals with this but she is pwned by mages...

I do feel this deck could work - it is just missing some punch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    can i see your replays to watch what problems you are facing at? What is your IGN?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IGN is Jhalava but I have moved on to a slightly different version now experimenting with Earthen Protector and Ghost Maker and more lower cost allies... Same fun with Oracles!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Watched your 2 last replays you lost. Some points:

1) The reason i dont use cheap allies, you cant get early board controll with protector and jasmine against any good hero because they have abilyty to help in that and you dont, in result you get card disadvantage. So my decission about that is Curse.

2) you make some gameplay mistakes that are not connected even with your card choice. For example there is no sense casting bridgette jasmine kris aldon against banebow because you loose cards and result is 0. No sense to use TD when enemy has Wrath of forest + you dont have oracle on the field. You have Sandworm and KP that kills banebow. So you should just cast curse(if you had it) on t3 t4 oracle t5 destroy arm t6 td t7 retreat his fatty + Sandworm. Than he just cant kill you and only than there would be sense to cast jasmine bridgette etc.(but actually is there really if you just could kill him with Sandworms and KP. The main thing is to set DRAW ENGINE on t4 so thats why 4 wizent staff is also must have if you dont get oracle it better choice than santa cause you can get at least 2 extra cards and get that needed destroy arms oracle TD.

3) against darkclaw, why you didnt killed oracle against darkclaw as soon as it was possible on t4-5, dont try to deal dmg with him, he is summoned to die and fill your hand not to keep out of sacrificing. Casting birgette and kris cost you BIG card disadvantage and in result you had to sac the cards you needed or skip sacccing that is very bad idea for Zhanna till turn 7 at least.

I hope i helped you someway. try to play different against different heroes and try to establish your game. Dont forget about draw engine this is the main thing playing for priests, you must be sure that you will have card after TD to establish Board controll.

Watch my last game against Eladwen for example, just ordinary 40 card elad. You can count how many dmg Curse save me it is at least 10 dmg and you can see what happens with death racers casting from t1, they get screwd easily if they dont get bad santa while you have awesome draw engines and can sac every turn. Also it shows how DoU is useless against Sandworms=) P.S i had 2 holy shield in the end=)
    Last edited by Dima; 12-16-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Holy Shield isn't much help....
    It helps you sometimes but not everytime......
    And Eladwen is pain when u don't have TW and they summon Allies after allies...
    Last 6 games against Elad...5-1 five loss and a win in my league matches..
    I've beaten these Elad with this deck before but now it's become very difficult...
    Wt are ur thoughts??
    IGN PP Star 4ever

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with your list for basic priest decks, except for the king's pride. While great for Zhanna, I prefer mixing in inner strength and extra sharps instead for early board control. Since jericho doesn't heal as easily as zhanna, you can use the ES and IS to give yourself extra heals if you're facing a deck that doesn't use much attached effects. And with those early ally buffs in your deck, this draws the opp's attention away from jericho and to your allies instead.

I also found the ES/IS combo to allow quick board control for both early and late game while KP is strictly for late game. And with the ES/IS in the deck, you don't quite need 4x TW...3 will suffice here.

I also prefer a 50/50 of TO and Wizent, 4 TO takes away from other strong allies and abilities that priests can use. So to slightly modify your list of bare essentials for any priest deck...

x3 Tainted Oracle
    x3 Tidal Wave
    x4 Destroy Arms
    x2 Wizent Staff
    x2 Ghostmaker

So no matter the type of strategy and deckbuild you like, you should have the above 14 cards plus Jericho or Zhanna. So thats 15 cards leaving the remaining 25 cards really up to the player.
    Last edited by jonmaciel; 12-16-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by PP Star 4ever View Post
    I think Holy Shield isn't much help....
    It helps you sometimes but not everytime......
    And Eladwen is pain when u don't have TW and they summon Allies after allies...
    Last 6 games against Elad...5-1 five loss and a win in my league matches..
    I've beaten these Elad with this deck before but now it's become very difficult...
    Wt are ur thoughts??
    IGN PP Star 4ever
    Holy Shield is used in the end when opponent try to finish you with nova and his ability, that is what he expects less of all.

See i can make a deck special against Eladwen easily, smth like that

x4 jas
    x4 kris
    x4 puwen
    x4 oracle
    x3 TD
    x4 ice storm
    x4 destroy arms
    x4 retreat
    x3 kp
    x2 wizent
    x3 ghostmaker

With this deck you wont have problems with elad cause you gain early board controll with puwen ice storm retreats BUT i dont believe this deck even can deal some threat to Logan so this is a problem you have to make deck that can win both eladwen and Logan and i have good win ratio against both with my deck, though i can make deck specially against any hero but it can totally fail against anothers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im new to this game and really enjoying it, I also like reading posts giving insight into deck ideas/designs.
    So thank you Dima

I wanted to ask though how you watch replays (that you discussed with Jhalava) as I play within my web browser and haven't noticed this feature.. is it only available on phone app or by using pc client?
    Or maybe im being a complete noob and need glasses

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To watch games, use the search feature under Challenge. You'll have to get the players name if you are wanting to watch a specific person. Or you can click on any game currently in progress or recently finished on the challenge screen.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!