Close

View Poll Results: Which Hero Are You Picking?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior

1 5.26%
  • Hunter

5 26.32%
  • Mage

7 36.84%
  • Priest

2 10.53%
  • Rogue

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Which Hero Are You Starting With?

I just thought it might be interesting to see what hero everyone is going to start off as once the beta period starts. Personally I am going with the mage because mage's have always been my favorite characters in everything, and I would probably use hunter as the alternative.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well until I know more about the heros, I'm thinking I'll go with the mage. Mostly because I want to have powerful spell cards that I can use to dominate the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Need to know a bit more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll probably go with Warrior or Mage... Need to see their abilities first...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Judging by my basic knowledge of Magic: The Gathering, it would seem like the warrior would be the equivalent of red, the mage of blue, the priest of white, the ranger of green, and the rogue of black. Going by this, I'd probably pick the ranger or priest (two favorite colors)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
    Judging by my basic knowledge of Magic: The Gathering, it would seem like the warrior would be the equivalent of red, the mage of blue, the priest of white, the ranger of green, and the rogue of black. Going by this, I'd probably pick the ranger or priest (two favorite colors)
    That's a good observation. I hadn't consider making that sort of color comparison. It'll be kind of weird without colored resources.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    That's a good observation. I hadn't consider making that sort of color comparison. It'll be kind of weird without colored resources.
    Yeah, it will be a bit different. What I don't really understand is the "sacrificing cards to get mana" bit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I might go with one of the unique shadow heros. Though mage and rogue are good too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
    Yeah, it will be a bit different. What I don't really understand is the "sacrificing cards to get mana" bit.
    That's the most difficult part of the Shadow Era strategy... You have a maximum of seven cards in your hand, and you draw a new card each turn. After you draw a card, you have the option of sacrificing one of the cards in your hand to place it face down and generate a resource. Unlike MTG, there are no specific resource cards. It is always a difficult choice to pick which card you want to sacrifice, but you need those resources to use abilities and summon allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can see that sometimes being a blessing but at other times making you want to scream!!

Will make it very interesting though, I would imagine it's going to be a different challenge dependant on which character you go for - as in a warrior may be able to summon cool allies but have to sacrifice some of them for resource once he/she hits seven, however a mage may not get that problem as has been using instant spells therefore not filling their hand, but, they may then struggle for resource later in the game...

God I can't wait to play this game!