Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Deck: Mournful Massacre (Zhanna 1.28)

This deck is a fun little concoction I put together for the 1.28 meta. It's not exactly tier 1, but with practice it is quite competitive and a ton of fun to play. It also makes burn decks cry, which is good to do now and then

The List
    1x Zhanna Mist

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Armored Sandworm

3x Healing Touch
    4x Tidal Wave
    3x Destroy Arms
    4x Retreat
    3x Bazaar
    4x Bad Santa

2x King's Pride
    4x Mournblade

The Strategy:
    The centerpiece of the deck is obviously Mournblade and its interaction with Tidal Wave. The first several turns, while you will be getting some nice early damage in most of the time and vying for board control as usual, your top priority is to set up Bazaar and Mournblade. Most players don't see this coming and will overextend onto the board, allowing your T6 Tidal Wave to pump the Mournblade up to 3 - 5 damage in one shot (and as a bonus, Mournblade won't lose any durability when you get attacked on T5). Generally speaking, try to save the durability on Mournblade until you have at least 3 attack on it. This will not always be possible, but most of the time it will.

Zhanna's ability and the Healing Touches will help you persist through any race that your opponent may be trying to initiate, though against mages you will sometimes want to make use of the ability to heal Sandworms. Keep using Tidal Waves to clear unfriendly boards, and time them so that they are always pumping up your Mournblades. As the game goes to the later phase, King's Pride will help you seal the deal.

The Bonus:
    Fun side note: While this deck obviously does best against mages, it actually started life out as a Jericho deck, meant to tech warriors. And it does. If you put this same deck on Jericho and go -3 Healing Touch for +2 Curse +1 Destroy Arms, and you will be able to give warriors quite the little headache. Sadly, I mostly abandoned that build because it's vastly weaker than the Zhanna version against anything that is NOT a warrior.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You got beaten by your "best" matchup with a good draw^^

But it was fun and your dekc looked good

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by barcafan95 View Post
    You got beaten by your "best" matchup with a good draw^^
    lol, it does happen, sadly. But still, it is just a hell of a lot of fun to play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very interesting, trying to turn one card into 20 damage... how do you fight Wolves?
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You build up a crapton of allies on the board, and then kill them in the one or two turns when they're vulnerable either because of their tempo or using a Destroy Arms to cancel Rain Delay/Full Moon. Dark Claw mill, when played by a pro player, is difficult to deal with for sure, but it is not impossible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can vouch that the Zhanna + Mournblade deck is really good. I managed to get to 225 rating and go on a 12 game win streak using my own variant. The only problem is Logan stops the deck cold. IMO, this deck would be able to win tourneys if it could just find a way to shut down that minotaur.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

maybe adding 4x Honored Dead

With how you play this deck, maybe adding 4x Honored Dead would be good. You should have 5 allies in your grave if all goes well with the deck, so they technically wouldn't take space as they would allow you to draw 2 and heal zhanna more.

Just a though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by shrioux View Post
    With how you play this deck, maybe adding 4x Honored Dead would be good. You should have 5 allies in your grave if all goes well with the deck, so they technically wouldn't take space as they would allow you to draw 2 and heal zhanna more.

Just a though
    It's an old deck, but this guy has a good suggestion!
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried out the 4x HD strat with this deck. Fails...you never use more than 1. Most occasions when you TW, you have 2 or 3 allies on the board so you don't get to use HD at all til maybe T7. More than 2 HD is unusable. You're better off with TO which is much more reliable of a card draw. HD may be more useful for the Jericho version of this deck which doesn't heal itself as much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Simple question, what if Baazar is destroyed and you dont have another one in hand or bad santa and enemy takes board controll?