Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ramirez, what kind of decks are you struggling against? Logan, Amber, DC or Eladwen decks?

You have a good deck concept, and you just need to tweak it a little for certain hero match ups.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    @ramirez, what kind of decks are you struggling against? Logan, Amber, DC or Eladwen decks?

You have a good deck concept, and you just need to tweak it a little for certain hero match ups.
    I hope to get some good advice from all of you. Here are my lost games:

RAV227 (300) vs. RAMIREZ DELGADO (275)
    Amber deck: That was a great game, many counters on both side, it is worth watching a replay, big tribute to RAV227 for a great deck & play (I think I will put it in youtube). I don't know, what could be optimized to win such a game.

Nosebatter (306) vs. RAMIREZ DELGADO (274) (replay aborts with sync error)
    RAMIREZ DELGADO (274) vs. Nosebatter (308)
    2x Banebow deck: My problem was to not recapture board control, as the enemy Behemoths came out first and it took long to get a Captured Prey into hand. Maybe a draw engine would help.

EXORCLST (305) vs. RAMIREZ DELGADO (273)
    Amber deck: My first lapse was to try destroying an 4 Dmg-Weapon with WbT, it cost me many health and of course after destroying he came with the next weapon. Then I think, I had a top decking problem.

RAMIREZ DELGADO (272) vs. MAV10 (306) (replay aborts with sync error)
    Logan deck: As Banebow Deck from Nosebatter, these Behemoths are really bad.

Any suggestions?
    I think that either Bazaar might help or some more Evil Ascendant (like longfan mentioned) could improve this deck. Maybe also some Wrath of the Forest as this deck also lives from getting his allies killed. Pls. suggest how many cards shall be added and which cards to be removed.

For all other heroes (like DC or Eladwen) this deck wins most of games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    personally... i would say add 2 more speedstrikes and 2 more evil ascendants. but other than taking out the full moon, i dont know what to suggest and even that... not sure about. i watch some of your matches. where you have drawn it and held it to get the little bit of damage boost for the kill a couple of times. and one of those times, you might have lost the next turn if you hadnt taken him out then.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez Delgado View Post

Any suggestions?
    I think that either Bazaar might help or some more Evil Ascendant (like longfan mentioned) could improve this deck. Maybe also some Wrath of the Forest as this deck also lives from getting his allies killed. Pls. suggest how many cards shall be added and which cards to be removed.

For all other heroes (like DC or Eladwen) this deck wins most of games.
    Draw engine is always a problem for Moonstalker. Bazaar will help you against Blood Frenzy Warriors to a certain extent, but your deck is too slow to make full use of Bazaar. WotF will be useless in your decks, as you only have SK and PB; don't put that in.

Caitlyn0 suggestion of additional Evil Ascendant will also help you to draw that EA early. That will help in dealing with the allies that warriors put out.

You will have to accept that there are decks which Moonstalker will have difficulty with. Right now, it should be Logan bec he can cast PB and DM; their ability by-pass your Moonstalker lock. Nothing much you can do if they cast the PB out first, and you don't have a Captured Prey on hand.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Warth of the Forest will change the style of your play. You only have big guys, and your are using ability to protect them in most turns. This means you won't get much draw from Warth of the Forest. I think if you need extra unsymmetrical draw, bella is the best solution.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thinking about all your suggested cards Evil Ascendant stayed in mind and yes, this is a very good advice, it fits to this deck strategy:
    1. Having only 0-1 ally in play, the own damage is none/-1 while my warrior opponents play many mid-cost allies and therefore receive many damage
    2. I can hide and wait until opponents allies die
    3. Losing own allies is part of this deck strategy and sometimes is necessary to get rid of Crippling Blows (or get healing)
    4. It is a control card and will boost the kill rate (no problem for this deck).
    I have changed my 2 Shrieks with 2 additional EA and the first 3 test games were successful (O.K., it was a Boris, Jericho and Moonstalker, I would have beaten them also without EA). But having EA in game feels compatible to the approach of this deck.

I believe the enemy Behemoth is now even worse: Before EA the opposite Behemoth could start with 4 dmg plasma bolt but couldn't attack to finish my own Behemoth, afterwards I had the chance to use my 1-health-Behemoth to kill the other Behemoth (bolt + hand damage). Now EA kills my Behemoth. Maybe I will only play EA against Logan, when I am first to play. As Atomzed said, nobody will achieve the perfect deck against every hero...

The other suggestions like Speedstrike or Belladonna will have to wait some games before taken in consideration. Thanks to everyone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought about an additional Bazaar and discarded my speedstrike from deck after thinking about Atomzed's feedback.

It works well by waiting for Blood frenzy and afterwards play Bazaar. In some games it now comes to milling and Blood Frenzy + Bazaar is a real 4-Dmg burner. It helps a lot to have some more cards in hand and I win more frequently against warriors now.

Speedstrike seems not useful as my WbT is often destroyed and item destruction with WbT costs much health (there are so many combinations now to get a 3 or 4 Dmg Weapon).

I now passed the 280+ rate, playing from 0 only with this deck. I hope to reach 300, we will see...
    I have edited the first thread with actual youtube-videos and my new experiences.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Arrow

Just want to give a final report about my experience in V1.29 from the last month:

I am swinging around a rate of 280 +/-5 and face to fail getting to 300. I have recorded my game results to get a better view how to optimize this deck.

Opponent
    Total games
    Win%
    Win
    lost
    Eladwen 50 52% 26 24
    Logan 30 70% 21 9
    Amber 29 83% 24 5
    Jericho 12 50% 6 6
    Darkclaw 7 100%
    7 0
    Boris 6 83% 5 1
    Zaladar 5 60% 3 2
    Ter Adun 4 75% 3 1
    Gravebone 4 75% 3 1
    Zhanna 4 75% 3 1
    Gwenneth 4 50% 2 2
    Moonstalker 5 60% 3 2
    Lance, Elementalis,
    Majiya, Banebow
    10 60% 6 4

Summary:

• Eladwen is clearly favoured hero in game (1 of 3 games)
    • Second are warrior heroes like Logan and Amber (1 of 3 games)
    • From the rest heroes Jericho is in lead

• Human heroes are more popular than shadow heroes (2 of 3 heroes are human)

Eladwen
    Eladwen is a hard opponent as MS's hide-ability can't interrupt the burn DMG/death race. I thought, Eladwen could be controlled by surviving/healing all burn damage, afterwards it would be an auto-win.

My calculation was:

• 4 x 4 DMG (Fireball) + 4 x 3 DMG (LS) + 4 x 5-2 DMG (Nova - Lone Wolf) = 40 burn DMG
    • MS has 26 Health points + 4 x Regeneration = 42 Health
    • In first turns Eladwen can deal some ally-damage, after T5 the board is controlled. I can occasionally heal that with LoneWolf.

Main problem was to forget Eladwens special ability, getting off about 3-4 times in a game. And in addition I didn't play with draw engine, therefore regeneration or Lone Wolf was not always early enough available. Only chance was to get out allies and play along the death race and at least I won every second game.

As I didn't see any chance I replaced 2 regenerations with 2 Full moon as Full moon helps more also against other heroes. Since in V1.3 Eladwen gets rebalanced in the way to no more use his ability against heroes, I would suggest that my calculation will than work better

Logan
    Playing against shadow allies is more challenging, because PB and DMT can attack through MS hide-ability and therefore careful use of NYM and CP is necessary. Also IG can't be killed with one plasma bolt and did I already mentioned to hate King's Pride making control of Logan really hard? In addition it costs much tactic if you are second player, as Logan is first to bring PB into game.

The good thing is to play Bazaar after Blood frenzy, I made very good experience with this situation. Also EA was helpful in games against warrior.

At least I won 2 from 3 games and MS is a real challenge for every warrior too.

Amber
    Players of Amber must get a good feeling by creating a 4-5 DMG Weapon with Amber's ability + Dual Wield etc. but I believe it is also frustrating as they can't use them against hidden MS.
    Amber games (as well as Boris games) are sort of auto-win for this deck, the strength of MS is really coming out against human + warrior.

Jericho
    Jericho is a really hard challenge for this deck

• The control options like Retreat, Misplaced or Destroy Arms
    • One of the best draw engine in game with Wizent's Staff
    • The missing use of CP because of Jericho's ability...

Retreat against hidden PB is really bad, you lose your shadow energy and the invested 5 ressources for bringing PB on board. As soon as some Armored Sandworms and King's Pride are out, Jericho gets uncontrollable. Maybe other decks with many mid-cost allies can easier break Jerichos control, but this deck struggles.

In V1.3 Jericho will get even more tuned up, I'm scared when I challenge Jericho (even more in V1.3)

Darkclaw
    I didn't face up much DC players and when, they were only low rated (220-240, one had 295), but all of them played the Lone Wolf style. As MS is stronger than DC and DC's strategy is obvious, it is an auto-win for this deck. This deck has an similar strategy but it is optimized by PB + SK, therefore no chance for DC (one player was able to get a draw situation at the end, good game, Bro).

I believe, in V1.3 Darkclaw will get some good options to play new styles (hopefully), maybe a better Lone Wolf style too, we will see...

Rest

The rest of heroes are to rare to get a good picture. I enjoyed some interesting individual strategies, but at the end most of them were not strong enough against this deck:

Ter Adun simulating a MS by playing Valiant Defender + PB
    Gwenneth using Rapid Fire + Soul Seeker + Nightprawler, milling my hand cards and afterwards hide with Into the Forest
    Zaladar milling my deck with Dimension Ripper + Nova Infusion + Transference (while his deck only has low-cast allies).
    Lance poisioning my hero with Sorcerous Poison + Golden Katar
    • Jericho playing Wizent's Staff + low-cost allies in beginning and afterwards using continuous Plague's to keep ressources <3.
    Elementalis storing shadow energy and after playing PBs upgrading their health 3 turns away (this game I lost due to missing CP in hand)

I now look forward in the remaining days of 1.29 to tune this deck for 1.3. This deck was much fun and as forecast I can say that for 1.3 I see Ogloth as well as Shadow Armor fitting very well in this deck strategy.
    Last edited by Ramirez Delgado; 01-25-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great summary, nice job done!
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hate retreat so much...