Close

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    from what i see.. banebow ability+ea= dead weenine or half dead fatty i think it would be even easier to clear the board than just waiting for pb or SK maybe even add a night prowler tech that would also help control the mid to late game. its not the same concept but i think its headed for the control direction as well. but thats just me. im still at rank 200+ so maybe i need more exp. id create this deck if it wasnt expensive

hey ramirez, have u tested sac lamb on the deck? theoretically it should work right? instead of waiting for your dying pb/sk to die from ur own ea we sac it. i love the deck but at times the weenies put on too much damage before we can set up. so i've been trying a other ways to delay it. i tried adding a 2nd turn drop pack wolf. i tested 3, took out regen i know its against the concept of the deck but having 2nd turn 2/3 drop can
    1)lessen the disables that your fatties will encounter which can slightly speed up the deck making it less of a mill
    2)lessen the damage that your hero will endure before LW
    3)lessen the allies that can hide behind aeon
    4)will make your opponent think that you have an ally based deck.

if its not on the 2nd-3rd turn then i just sac it.
    if only there were counter spells

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by brogs View Post
    banebow ability+ea= dead weenine or half dead fatty [...] id create this deck if it wasnt expensive
    As Larus mentioned Banebow is good working in early phase of game therefore playing an EA in T3 would cost you much tempo. If you create a deck, let me know and I will have a look.

hey ramirez, have u tested sac lamb on the deck? theoretically it should work right?
    I did some minor tests but never felt like using it often. I thought that SK Combo + SL is a nice move.
    If I get out a fatty, my opponent will concentrate to finish this ally off as quickly as possible and this is my purpose to get LW activated. Playing against Warriors means to rather play with PB as they always panic and play CB at him, but afterwards have to kill him, as I still use plasma bolts. You can tell me your experience if you try it, I would forecast that you rather sacc SL.

...but at times the weenies put on too much damage before we can set up. so i've been trying a other ways to delay it. i tried adding a 2nd turn drop pack wolf. i tested 3, took out regen i know its against the concept of the deck...
    I'm glad that you like the concept and of course you can modify it getting it more personal to you. Pack Wolf in T2 is O.K. as this deck has not really a T2 play (maybe Santa Bomb). You will see if the game play is better with adding PW, alternatively you can try Rain Delay helping you also in middle phase of game after playing Crescendo. I just tried to stay at 40 cards and this is really hard.
    Last edited by Ramirez Delgado; 06-23-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez Delgado View Post
    Dropping Bad Santa is no good choice in my opinion. Playing without any draw engine (except SK Combo) is risky as I can remember some games, where I missed the one card (like no LW at beginning or no CP) and BS helped (or by not having BS loosing the game). Meanwhile I don't sacc BS so quickly anymore. I also have updated my deck by exchanging 1 EA for a 4th BS.

I think adding up to 4 Rain Delays and/or 4 Full Moon to this deck can work well, even by increasing the deck size.
    I have made some tests with replacing Regeneration with Full Moon and I catched up a game where I can show up 2 things:
    • How important Bad Santa can be in this deck
    • How to use this deck as millstalker if necessary
    Therefore I made another video, this time with live comments from my side. Have fun:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    [QUOTE=Ramirez Delgado;235831]I have made some tests with replacing Regeneration with Full Moon and I catched up a game where I can show up 2 things:
    • How important Bad Santa can be in this deck
    • How to use this deck as millstalker if necessary
    Therefore I made another video, this time with live comments from my side. Have fun:
    -----------------------------------

Are you still at 40 cards? I broke the rule and went up to 42/43 adding a 4th Full Moon and 2x Rain Delay. I took WBT down to 3 but that cost me two games, as they were either destroyed or nullified by Poor Quality and I missed out on 6-7 turns of WBT damage which would have been the difference in the games.

It is difficult to sac in early game, I am never quite sure to let go of say a PB or a FM or CP. My last few games I've been saving CP, and FM and sac'ing a PB and BS (if I have LW/EA already) and that has worked out better.

Gravebone seems difficult for this deck, but your win rate is very high. Maybe I've had bad draw or just play it all wrong. I don't see the use of Bloodstone Altar, was there a thesis behind this card? Seems rare that it gets to the point where it matters, but I dunno.

PW for T2 might be intriguing as BS is really the only early card to play (I usually save NYM for Jas/Gargoyle).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Luteatius View Post
    Are you still at 40 cards? I broke the rule and went up to 42/43 adding a 4th Full Moon and 2x Rain Delay.
    Hi Luteatius,
    while experimenting I go above 40 and I would agree to stay above 40 if going for mill.

It is difficult to sac in early game, I am never quite sure to let go of say a PB or a FM or CP. My last few games I've been saving CP, and FM and sac'ing a PB and BS (if I have LW/EA already) and that has worked out better.
    Hm, there are many things to say about your comment. When I started to play Shadowera last year, wulven heroes were not popular and the only seen deck was a Solo Stall Darkclaw (WBT+SS+LW+FM+RD). Darkclaw had the ability "All melee damage to Darkclaw is halved" and therefore it was really hard to kill him in one not-stall turn by attacking with all casted allies. And Darkclaw just attacked opponents hero with WBT (Go for the Throat style). This deck could be countered with integrating item destruction (use Shriek upon FM or RD).

I had the idea to enhance it and Behemoths Resurrection was born. This deck still plays the "Go for the Throat" style while the SK Combo or PBs are just another kind of "stall" (I hope, you understand the purpose). Main goal is to attack the hero with WBT, everything else was mentioned as distraction. Then I found out that this strategy is very flexible and I could play a fatty deck too. As most games against a Solo DC is kind of autowin to this deck (because of this flexibiliy) I think this was a good evolution getting a better wulven deck.

Now I'm aware that another evolution happened from Solo DC 1.29 to Solo MS 1.5 (called millstalker). I'm now comparing my deck with millstalker trying to find out which one is stronger, therefore I changed to FM+RD. Maybe you can give me some experience of your side?

Comming back to your comment: If you don't know what to sacc because every card in hand is good for game (this happens in competitive decks, thx), you will have to make experience what cards are best depending of game situation and opponent hero. There is no general advice, I would have to write all heroes down and explaining which cards to be used, sometimes a FM is better (e.g. against Gwen), sometimes a PB (e.g. against Boris). Remember that BS is your only draw engine, don't underestimate the risk of not having the right card in hand.

Gravebone seems difficult for this deck, but your win rate is very high. Maybe I've had bad draw or just play it all wrong.
    No, Mages are a very difficult matchup for wulven heroes and Gravebone's strength comes up in middle/late phase. Maybe an advice can be to play EA a little bit later against Gravebone and try to keep the disabled Fatties of GB as long as possible at board.

I don't see the use of Bloodstone Altar, was there a thesis behind this card? Seems rare that it gets to the point where it matters, but I dunno.
    No one plays BA (Bloodstone Altar) and I just thought if it could be used in combination with EA. My PBs and SKs will loose health (due to EA) in the turn I can use them and therefore I will always have a 4 DMG PB or a 6 DMG SK on field. I only integrated 1 BA and try to get a feeling about if this little boost impacts game somehow.

PW for T2 might be intriguing as BS is really the only early card to play (I usually save NYM for Jas/Gargoyle).
    What does PW mean? Puwen? I am interested how often you play this deck, maybe I can watch some replays?
    Last edited by Ramirez Delgado; 06-27-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Did you try Tiger Wulf instead of Plasma Behemoth, or a few of them? I don't have the money to do it so I ask.
    Also, I'm having trouble to be really effective before the late-game, if I survive until then. Is it just me or this build is quite draw-dependent in order to play without problems a fatty on T5 and play as suggested?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by renew View Post
    Did you try Tiger Wulf instead of Plasma Behemoth, or a few of them? I don't have the money to do it so I ask.
    Also, I'm having trouble to be really effective before the late-game, if I survive until then. Is it just me or this build is quite draw-dependent in order to play without problems a fatty on T5 and play as suggested?
    Wow, there are still players reading my deck description while my last post was 15 months ago, I feel really honored.

When DP was published I started to make some tests how "Behemoths Resurrection" can evolve, but never finished. Cards that fit:
    Furrion Terror, Tiger Wulf, Arthyle's Crypt, Crescent Doom

I believe that Tiger Wulf could indeed be a nice addition, maybe something like 3SK+3PB+2TW. I welcome any suggestions.

This deck was created before DP and now meta has changed, therefore in these days I would change some cards (like LLN or Crescendo, put in some Blood Moon etc.). Maybe it has to be tuned to be a bit faster, but I believe the strategy is still viable. It was never easy to handle (same like Milstalker).
    A1's Darkwolf - A1: Evolution in Theory
    Season 7 QM: TOP 81 rank
    Season 6 QM: TOP 15 + TOP 19 rank
    Season 5 QM: TOP 46 rank

Published decks: Moonstalker Behemoth's Resurrection

IGN: A1 Ramirez