Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @tomas- the biggest issue is tournaments. After round 1, it is basically assumed everyone will reverse engineer everyone else's deck, so the "surprises" you may otherwise be able to pull on someone mid-game are gone. Some people feel this is a bit unfair and can give people an advantage over others (especially if some people get byes and don't play round 1, so their deck isn't "seen"). Personally, it doesn't bother me that much, watching replays is just part of the metagame to me. And I completely agree with you, I don't think anyone can pick up the nuances of my play style even if they watched my saccing scrupulously. But many people feel you are entitled to a bit of privacy in a competitive setting like a tournament, and I can understand that point of view.

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In tournaments, though, you should at least make the game play public, if not the decks. Otherwise people with more connections have an unfair advantage (since they can talk with the other players to get info on their opponents.)

Competitive card games allow game play to be public, and even deck lists to be public as well.