Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

See their hands or not?

Does anyone know if in the future we'll be able to see the hands of players in challenge matches that have finished or started at least 20-30 ago?

I know a discussion was open some time ago, but I don't remember hearing something the past weeks.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My take on that...
    Many players don't like even that their game are visible because people can easily reverse engineer their decks.
    I don't agree too much with this vision, because two different players with the same deck would play it in a completely different way.
    What is that differentiate people play style and a very good player from all the others? It's the discard phase, imo.
    Also and always imo, a good player is the player that knows what card to play right here and right now, but mostly the one who knows which card to sacrifice because he thinks beyond, he knows what could happen and acts accordingly with it.
    So, as I see it, allowing other people to see player's hands would definitely level that difference.
    Once again: this is all imho...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can agree if it would be a toggle somewhere, but for me: I'd never play when someone could see my exact saccing process. I just would not. If such a feature would be implemented I will stop playing on the spot except if I can turn it off for myself.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SE is in desperate need of an option for the player to disable public replays for games they're involved in. If that gets implemented, I see no issue with this one following suit.

For now though, I do like how if you're going to record a game for video, you can easily tell between a live game and a hand-picked win chosen just to show off.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So, three options?

1) don't allow replays
    2) allow replays with cards covered
    3) allow replays and show cards

This way you know that if you are watching the game (either with or without the sacrifice phase) it's a player choice to let you do that and there would be nothing wrong with it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Anurak I don't this being mentioned or considered officially. It seems like just a player suggestion to me. Personally, I'm in favour of adding options for players to opt out of having their replays be public so I'm not particularly in favour of this idea. ^^ But if this was implemented, I'd probably wouldn't care. Be a boon for new players in terms of learning. Unless you're watching my games.. he heh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to DND. The bigger concern is allowing players to control watching of their own replays. I see players having an option for open, public games or pw-protected games, if you want to watch a players game, they can share the pw with you, or you are SOOL. Once this is implemented, sure, you can have hands open for viewing.

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Being able to see the hand would only be nice in the finals of major tournaments or something. Otherwise, competitive players don't want to share ALL their information with the public.
    Like others have said, if you can see their hands, then there must be a way to opt-out of the replays.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    @Anurak I don't this being mentioned or considered officially. It seems like just a player suggestion to me. Personally, I'm in favour of adding options for players to opt out of having their replays be public so I'm not particularly in favour of this idea. ^^ But if this was implemented, I'd probably wouldn't care. Be a boon for new players in terms of learning. Unless you're watching my games.. he heh
    Well, you are a legend in the SE community. Watching your matches can only have a positive effect.

I don't really care about the feature. After seeing Laura active again, I tried to remember how things were almost a year ago. With only 100 cards (20 of them being heroes) and no weapons. I recalled the problem we had with players using 2 accounts to look at the opponent's hand, and that hiding the hands was considered by some a temporary solution. I was just wondering if anyone had more info about this.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im in favour of implementing this feature if it can be turned on/off.
    But whats the reasoning behind hiding your deck/ discard phase?
    What are you hiding? Why are you hiding? Are you afraid other players will copy your deck? Its true that a lot of the skill in this game is deckbiulding, but what truly makes a great player is the way he uses his deck. Some say theyd leave the game, wich is ridiculous, only because other player would 'mimick' their playing style by watching their replays. We can all watch a poker player's hand on tv and see how they play a hand/situation and that doesnt make us as good as him. I would enable the feature so everyone can see my play, because i fear none of these things. Here is my deck, and this is how i play it to beat you, no problem, take a look.