Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Kyle,

Someone already mentioned the Game Crafter: http://www.thegamecrafter.com/home

If you have a set of the card PNGs (preferably in 300dpi for print) you can upload those and set your own price. That way fans of the game can purchase a set of cards and you have no out of pocket expense because it's a print on demand company.

As each new set comes out you can upload the PNGs as a new game (to expand the previous sets)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool idea I hope Kyle thinks about this

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Using the cost estimator on the Game Crafter website, it will cost $21 for 200 cards (1 of each card in the set) or $76 for 800 cards (4 of each card). Those prices are very friendly for a tcg, and even if Kyle rounds them out to, say, $30 and $100 respectively, that's still cheaper than most (if not all) physical tcgs on the market. I for one would be willing to pay $100 for a complete playset of each release. That's the same cost as one booster box. (Although, now that I think about it, you really only need one of each Hero card....)

A physical playset of the entire release would be beneficial as a player for a number of reasons. For one, any deck could be constructed and playtested before expending the time and in-game or RL currency on the cards. As already stated, it would also open up less computer-savvy people to the game. Multiple decks could be constructed ready-to-play at any time, instead of the one deck saved to your online account. As far as introducing a friend to the game, physical cards would be better, because they could get a feel for any race/class deck they like, plus there wouldn't be the hindrance of only having the starter deck that a brand new player would begin with.
    It wouldn't even be all that difficult to play IRL. You'd need a d20 and d6 for your Hero's life total (and two extra counters for Shadow Heroes, and maybe just two d20's for the Warrior class =P), burn and poison counters, and maybe ten d6 for the various allies' health or damage, as you see fit to measure one's life. There'd be need of counters for the Shadow energy (name?) for each Hero, again, a d6 should suffice (barring the odd Hero that uses their power seldom). Most gamers, I presume, have these readily available. I only actively played Magic, Pokemon, and Anachronism for about a year and I have plenty of unique counters and dice, and there isn't that much to track really. (Total extra supplies for two players: two to four d20, twelve d6, various counters for poison, burn.)

I'm not sure how royalties work out with the Game Crafter, but assuming most players are only going to spend $5 to $10 real cash on each digital set (to supplement in-game currency), and assuming that Kyle would receive only 50% in royalties from GC, the numbers work out that the physical playsets would actually be more profitable per buyer (note that I didn't account for Apple's share of the digital sales; also note that royalties would probably be higher than 50% for Kyle, making the physical sale even more profitable per buyer).

Final analysis: a physical set being offered through Game Crafter would be beneficial to both creator and player alike. I would buy. And play. A lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think its good idea to make real card , i would want a system like stargate online tcg wich have promo card to win in tournament in real and in the game , and when we have a certain amount of card we can trade in to real but they erase in the game !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yes please!!

I'd like it to test decks against myself and play with friends in person, if nothing else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up Real Cards! **

I'm totally in love with the real cards idea!
    It would be AMAZING!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Necro.

But yeah, this would be pretty baller.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Seriously though, I will probably offer a boxed set for sale at cost for those who are interested. Or make the high resolution card images available so you can print yourself.
    I would definitely love the idea about buying a set of SE cards! made on good materials and great quality ...in fact it would be great if we had a chance to buy for example, our best decks, with their respective human/warrior abbilities and weapons. I would buy more than 1 deck for sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Need waterproof & burnproof cards, don't want to buy a new pack everytime i play against majiya or jericho.
    Last edited by kentuequi; 05-26-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This thread makes me smile :-)

Can't wait for the finished set now!