Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Who would buy custom printed cards?

Hi everybody,

i just read ober at toucharcade that Kyle thinks about printing some custom card set for himself, ...just to admire the card art ;-).

I really would love to play Shadow Era person 2 person AND via Internet, so i thought already myself about printing a version of all cards personally for just myself and friends.

BUT if Kyle could order some small physical print run for more of us it would be of course the even better solution.

So this thread is just about to get an idea of how many "physical" fans we have crowded here already and maybe the boss of everything ;-) even likes to comment on his future plans (if any?) concerning print.

Cheers

Jens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For in person play you should still both just use iPhones! It offers "don't have to think about the rules" gameplay, special effects, automatic health tracking, etc. Otherwise you could just play MTG or WoW TCG...

Seriously though, I will probably offer a boxed set for sale at cost for those who are interested. Or make the high resolution card images available so you can print yourself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would definitely buy a "collector's" set with 4 of every card (or 4 sets with 1 of every card, if I had to!) as a way to evangelize the game. I love physical card games, playing them on the dining room table, and all that. It's a lot of fun. Plus, i think a physical set would be something a couple of my friends who don't like online ccg's would buy, especially if it's a boxed set or a PDF we could send to thegamecrafter.com or something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think a printed set could even help to get more players into the virtual game, as they will definetely admire the art on the physical set as well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If there were a decent number of sets made, they could be great promo materials! I have a gaming shop near me, toss em a few decks, maybe a a full set per store for in house use. With all the mediums available to play on, everyone can get in on it! This may be important, because the main people who seem to be aware of the game are idevice users. I want this to be HUGE, and I feel that it cam get there with a varied enough fan base.
    That said, I'd buy a set/kit at least.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'd second all the great ideas put forth here. If it turns out that there is something about the agreement with Apple that prohibits the sale of physical cards (this was brought up in discussion over at the Touch Arcade forums), a Good Quality PDF would be awesome. It might also be a nice reward for active community members and/or Beta-Testers too.

I am NOT dissing the idea of physical cards at all, but one observation I have about Shadow Era is that physical cards would require a lot of health tokens... just the way the game play seems to be shaping up. That doesn't detract from the fact that physical cards are nice to show off and look at.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I might get physical cards, I think that if we actually do get the option in the future to buy the physical cards, then personally I would want to be able to choose which cards I want. I was thinking able through an online catalog type system where you can get X cards for X amount of money, and then you just pick which cards you want. Just on a side note, if we actually do end up being able to purchase physical cards, I think it would be cool to have a site-wide tournament with the winner being able to get maybe the deck that they used to win the tournament in physical cards, but it's just an idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the physical cards you get could come with a code to get those cards within the game or something. I would totally pay money for these cards! Oh and if you do go the physical card route, make the box nice! I always like shiny boxes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    perhaps a full set or RL cards could make a awesome tournament prize! that would be great

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know the game mechanics well enough to know if it's possible to play Shadow Era with real cards but if it is I think you really should market this. It will target your number one players (TCG players). Most will have access to one if not many of the platforms you offer.
    This will bring in lots of interested users and fast!!
    Even if it's not playable on real cards they still can be collected and traded like baseball cards.